Henderson Hyperstretch fit & comfort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RLarsen:
I really appreciate the help and advice. I'm 6'2" and 195 lbs.

I am about the same height and weight and purchased the same suit this year in an XXL. I have about twenty dives on it and have never worn a more comfortable suit which is amazing because I've always gone custom until now. This is my first off the rack full suit. I was surprised someone my size required an XXL but it fits great and is not too tight anywhere.

I have a Henderson hyperstretch and love it. I have found if I don't take my time putting it on that it will feel a little tight across the armpits. Make sure when putting it on that you get your legs in, pull the crotch all the way up then bring the body part up before putting your arms in. Get your wrist in and pull the sleeve up all the way to your armpits.

After having mine for the past 3 months , i have come to the conclusion they are junk. The zipper seal int he back lets in way to much water. They are not durable ,wear out quick, not very warm. Basically a really bad investment.

I've owned a Henderson Hyperstretch for approx 6mos / 30 dives. I also agree that there are issue regarding construction and durability.

However, the original post asked about fit and comfort. From a comfort perspective, the Hyperstretch is undeniably the most cushy 7mm wetsuit that I've ever used. From a fit perspective, I struggle finding a good fit in most wetsuit lines. I have a thick upper body and thighs in proportion to torso and lower legs. Consequently, it's very difficult for me to find suits that give a good over all fit. The Hyperstretch allows me to downsize one size in order to get a good fit around the midsection and below the knees, while still achieving a snug yet comfortable fit in the chest and shoulders.

I also find that the cut of the wetsuit causes it to ride up and bind slightly in the armpit area as the original poster described. However, I can usually minimize this by adjusting the suit ... pull on the armpit area. While slightly annoying, I personally don't find it a big problem; especially in a dive wetsuit, as I tend to keep arms relatively still. It would be a big problem, on the other hand, if it were in one of my surfing wetsuit. Trust me, wetsuit rash on your armpits is no fun ... especially when you're putting deodorant on :wink:

I always find it interesting when people talk about the construction and durability problems with the Henderson Hyperstretch suits. My DH and I both have Hyperstretch suits and getting close to 100 dives, the only "problem" with their condition is pilling in certain areas of the suit. We know quite a few other divers who have similar experiences with the Hyperstretch...this board is the only place I've heard of problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom