Henderson Hyperstretch Boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'd like to buy a set of hyperstretch no-zipper boots. No one sells them in this country so I am forced to buy them on the net.

I wear a US size 10.5. I would like the boots to fit snugly but not cramp my feet. Does anyone have any experience with the sizing on these boots? Should I buy a size 11 or a size 10?

I am also not sure what thickness to get. My current boots are 5mm, size 12 and water flushes through them like a broken toilet. I dive in temps from 60-75 F. Any advice on buying the Hendersons in 5mm or 7mm?

I am wearing Henderson Gold Core size 9. My shoes size is 8.5. So, 10 isn't your size. Hyperstrech boot is more stretchable so, you also consider that factor.

5mm thickness for your water temp. 7mm is too much. We used to wear 7mm in 42 degree...

Good luck.

hoosier:
I am wearing Henderson Gold Core size 9. My shoes size is 8.5. So, 10 isn't your size. Hyperstrech boot is more stretchable so, you also consider that factor.

5mm thickness for your water temp. 7mm is too much. We used to wear 7mm in 42 degree...

Good luck.

Now that I think about it, I doubt that my feet could ever get too warm. Were the 7mm boots uncomfortable when the temps got in the 60s?

I'm in the market for a hard soled boot for shore diving in Bonaire. I just ordered a pair of Blue Reef Ultra dive boots but the soles seem a bit soft. Have any of you used these on rough shore entries with ironshore/ruble?http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/CategoryID_983/Context_980/Sort_Price/DescSort_0/BLRBU.html?Hit=1

Has anyone here tried the Henderson hyperstretch boots?
How hard are the soles?
http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/CategoryID_983/Context_980/Sort_Price/DescSort_0/HNDBH3.html?Hit=1

The henderson soles were not particuarly tuff in my experience. But I have only tried them on havnet worn them walking on the rocks.

I have these boots and love them. Get the next size up as I have a 10.5 size too and the 10 rides a little too tight.

One thing I did find out is that Henderson changed these boots sometime last year to a really cheaper design. I sent a pair back because of this. Make sure you are getting the ones you want.

Pro: Unbelieveable comfort, great to walk or dive in. They are as advertised and I have never tried anything else near as comfortable.

Con: Takes forever to dry out. I dive about every week at the Aquarium and I ended up buying a boot dryer. Make sure these fit with your fins because they are much larger than regular booties with no sole.

Here are the ones I have.

Attachments

• Henderson_boots.jpg
    Henderson_boots.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 32
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom