Henderson Greenprene?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@hilljo88 I'm a little confused. You say your suit is held together with aquaseal--so you have repaired it? How many dives before you made that first repair? I wouldn't say my wetsuit is falling apart; so far I'm just looking to repair that thin spot at my lower back. I'd be interested in hearing from others if what I've described sounds like something I should be upset about or surprised by.
Hard to say without seeing the suit, or how it fits you.
But... as a general rule, neoprene with greater stretch will wear faster than a firmer, less stretchy version. Also, if it fits because it stretches and not because it was darn close to correct in the first place, expect some premature wear where it is under constant stress.

I sent an inquiry to Henderson's info email address on March 11 last year, asking if it was possible to get a sample swath of the material (preferably 7mm thick) for evaluation. I received no reply.

I squeezed one in the dive shop yesterday, and my buddy dived in one today. It squoze like their regular wetsuits, and my buddy likes his so far. The question remains as to how it will hold up over time.

I’ve have a neoprene allergy so I bought a HGP 5mm for my current trip to Coz. My impressions after 5 dives:
Zero allergic reaction! (#1 priority for me)
Stretchy and comfortable.
As warm, maybe warmer, than my Pinnacle.
It’s SUPER buoyant. I used 12# in my Pinnacle last Feb. This trip, it’s taking 18#... ( I’m 5’10”, 158#)

So far I’m very pleased!

I’ve have a neoprene allergy so I bought a HGP 5mm for my current trip to Coz. My impressions after 5 dives:
Zero allergic reaction! (#1 priority for me)
Stretchy and comfortable.
As warm, maybe warmer, than my Pinnacle.
It’s SUPER buoyant. I used 12# in my Pinnacle last Feb. This trip, it’s taking 18#... ( I’m 5’10”, 158#)

So far I’m very pleased!
Wow, that is a pretty significant increase in weight. I've not heard this before, have others noticed this? I use 14 pounds with my 5 mm +/- a 5/3 vest and 20 pounds with a full 7 mm +/- the vest. I'm afraid of what I would need with Greenprene, 21 and 30 pounds?

How did you find the Greenprene for warmth relative to your Pinnacle?

Pacific Wilderness, a dive shop near me, posted this review on Facebook. Highlights for those who can't open it: sizing runs large, material feels warm and high-quality while still being stretchy, buoyancy is typical for the thickness, compression feels the same as other suits.
Pacific Wilderness

Wow, that is a pretty significant increase in weight. I've not heard this before, have others noticed this? I use 14 pounds with my 5 mm +/- a 5/3 vest and 20 pounds with a full 7 mm +/- the vest. I'm afraid of what I would need with Greenprene, 21 and 30 pounds?

How did you find the Greenprene for warmth relative to your Pinnacle?

I’m pretty shocked by the weight diff as well. Wondering if it’ll compress with use... I have 3 more weeks here to test... time will tell...?

As mentioned, It’s warmer than my Pinnacle, I think. To combat the allergy I was wearing a lavacore under the pinnacle. The GP is as warm, if not warmer , than the combo.

Back
Top Bottom