Henderson GoldCore Wetsuit Repair Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UaVaj

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
My henderson goldcore wetsuit has a "F" gash about the 4x4 in size.

I have already found out which type of glue to use per the search function.
Next I need to find out where I can buy a compatible outer black nylon patch.

A call to henderson usa is worthless. The tech nor sale did not have a clue as to the composite of the nylon outer layer. Rather that is 100% nylon or a mix of nylon. Nor would they sell me the proper patch. They kept telling me to call the local dealer. A call to the local dealer yield the same result. Do know either. Told me to call the manufacturer. Stupid Henderson.

(1) Anyone know the type of nylon on the outer layer of a henderson goldcore wetsuit.
(2) Anyone know a vendor who sell such wetsuit repair parts.

Can I ask you where the tear is?

I have a tear above the knee pad repaired by a professional, and it retore. My guess is if the tear is in a high stress area it cannot be repaired.

Adam

Sorry to hear that your tear retore.

Speaking of a tear just above the knee pad. I also do have the same tear. It did not retore after repair. It was a 1" gash. Glue only repair. A patch would of been even better.

Chances are your professional repair was not professional.

The F tear is on the chest area.

Given the right glue (flexible neoprene glue) and the right patch (same nylon material). Even in a high stress area. It will not retear. It will be fully functional. It will just look ugly.

This area is too big for glue only repair. A matching patch is necessary.

I have used material from an old black nylon sock to reinforce a repaired tear. It was ugly but it worked.

I have used material from an old black nylon sock to reinforce a repaired tear. It was ugly but it worked.

That is my last resort. I know that method works great but that method is ugly beyond ugly. It is hideous.

I was hoping to get my hands on the right nylon so it is just ugly looking at close inspection.

That is my last resort. I know that method works great but that method is ugly beyond ugly. It is hideous.

I was hoping to get my hands on the right nylon so it is just ugly looking at close inspection.

Yeah, but it went well with the rest of my gear.:depressed:

Have you tried calling "Chris" as Driftwood suggested. I think that is your best bet and is what I would do. What do you have to lose contacting them?

Have you tried calling "Chris" as Driftwood suggested. I think that is your best bet and is what I would do. What do you have to lose contacting them?

I have sent her an email since all I need is just a matching patch. Awaiting her reply. She is exactly what I was looking for per question 2 of the original post.

Thanks for the pointer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom