Henderson…are they good wetsuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Henderson's are the best, pure fact. The rest are bad imitations. I've read somewhere that their competition uses cheaper chemicals in their suits which have shown signs of causing skin cancer. Also, other brands are manufactured by child slaves in developing countries with profits going to fund Islamic terrorist. Henderson suits are made in Millville, NJ USA. It’s a known fact that a percentage of their profits go to support disabled veterans and sick orphans. Don't bother researching any of this. The big manufacturers suppress the truth to increase their bottom line. Just trust me and buy Henderson suits and gear!!

By the way, the fact that I was born and raised in the small NJ town of Millville, has no influence on my opinion. All my sources have been verified by Dan Rather’s producers and Kitty Kelly's editors.

Weekender, I appreciate the advice.......

I was in a local LDS and was told to NOT buy the Henderson, that other companies can make hyperstretch. She showed me a book of swatches that could be custom made and proceeded to tell me that I could get a three piece wetsuit for the same price. Honestly, I was not that interested. I felt like she dismissed the Henderson too quickly. Any insights on her motivations there? Can she not get the Henderson? Would she make more profit on the custom? Or does she have a valid point? I'm a bit spoiled, I want the good stuff.........and besides, Weekender promises me that the Henderson would be made by a little old lady working to support her orphaned grandchild, Tiny Tim. :wink: He needs an operation.

been on about 75 dives with my 7mil hyperstretch and it is outstanding. I got a 3/5 hooded vest with it too. The combo kept me so warm that i replaced my gloves with hyperstretch gloves that keep my hands much warmer than before. They do take about 2 days to dry out completely here in san francisco but that is not a concern of mine as I don't mind putting mine on damp- or leaving them on my deck to dry out.

Also, there are many comments about them plying or whatever you call it when it comes in contact with velcro which is true. However, i have not noticed any difference in it keeping me warm. I am not particularly careful about mine as I don't mind buying a new one every couple of years. The plying seemed to happen a bunch over the first 20 dives and then it seemd to completely stop on both mine and my wife's. Neither look very different from when we first bought them and the sleeves and legs still have a nice, tight grip at the arms and legs. I will only buy henderson wetsuits from now on.

waterdaughter:
Very :wink: ...but I was pointing out positive aspects of the hyperstrech material (including "flattering") for you, as the wearer, not me... lol :e18:

>C

Didn’t I see on the centerfold of Henderson’s Hotties from Lake Erie issue of Scuba Dive Mag? I believe you'd said “still wet between the toes” and “scuba divers go deeper” :07:

I would gladly model my 7mm...for your eyes only. :wink:

"still wet between the toes"...my words, no doubt, lol. "Divers go deeper?"...mmm, a little less subtle than my general tendendancy...but i have seen that under some guy's names...so be careful who you make those offers to...:wink:
And the calandar? Oh...yes, I was Miss February---7mil and hood,boots,gloves and lounging on the Polar Bear, with my dog team gathered 'round for warmth,lol
Can you do better? lol.
>C

waterdaughter:
"still wet between the toes"...my words, no doubt, lol. "Divers go deeper?"...mmm, a little less subtle than my general tendendancy...but i have seen that under some guy's names...so be careful who you make those offers to...:wink:
And the calandar? Oh...yes, I was Miss February---7mil and hood,boots,gloves and lounging on the Polar Bear, with my dog team gathered 'round for warmth,lol
Can you do better? lol.
>C

February blooms romance and warmth.

Wouldn’t you know it…I was the alpha male of the pack howling/drooling for your attention and jealous of the bear. How do you think your toes got wet?

Of all the suits on the market which brand and or type is easiest to get into? especially for a larger person such as myself. Is it the gold core from henderson?
Thanks!!!

dotdash:
Of all the suits on the market which brand and or type is easiest to get into? especially for a larger person such as myself. Is it the gold core from henderson?
Thanks!!!

The Hyperstretch Material is very aptly named! For example, I am 5'8" and 130lbs, and take a size 6 (although the Henderson charts had me at a 10, and I had to keep going down in sizes)...this same size of suit fit a woman who was 5"4" and 20 lbs lighter (I think). Even so, I could easily wear another layer under the suit...or heaven forbid, gain weight :11: and it would still accomodate the changes.

The goldcore is a very slick lining and really helps the suit to just glide on, literally.

I believe the men's suits have a wide range of larger sizes. I know that the men's XL works and fits as nicely on a man who is 5"10", 190lb, as it does on a man 6"1, 210 lb...so, while I don't know your stature, I think the Hyperstretch is the only way to go for an off the rack suit that fits like it was made for you. IMHO (and with no experience as a man buying a wetsuit :wink: )

Cathy

Norboo:
February blooms romance and warmth.

Wouldn’t you know it…I was the alpha male of the pack howling/drooling for your attention and jealous of the bear. How do you think your toes got wet?

Behave!!!! :11:

Didn't YOU start this thread out of a desire to learn which wetsuit was a favouite with SB members?

I accept your apology :wink:

>C

Back
Top Bottom