Henderson Aqualock or Custom Wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been using a 3mm aqualock since May 2011 when they first came out. Been to Cozumel,Key West with it and its been in the pool at least 30 times since then.Holds up fine,shows no sign of wear. Its zipper is unique in that it lets in very little water so there is no "yah yah "time when you first get into water and you feel water going down your back like other suits. Easy to get into it and get it off. Cost more than some other suits but to me its worth it.If you are odd sized it should work great for you as it does have alot of stretch to overcome the size issues.

My woman hs the full Aqua Lock setup 7mm and loves it. Easy to get on and off. Warm in SO CAL water. Fits like a glove.

I pee in my H2, I use a P-Valve when I dive dry. I was assuming you have no to very little water penetration to flush out the suit due to the seals.
I have to pull the neck (or the chin, if I'm wearing the hood) to "flush". Pretty much the same as any semi-dry. Works fine.

I tried on the Henderson Aqualock and I have to admit, I love how easy it was to put on...and coming from someone shaped like a Christmas ornament...that is saying something!

@Henderson USA: I'm interested in this suit, however I'm with the military stationed overseas in Korea. Are there dealers here? The Hendersonusa.com website said "international distributor coming soon" I'd much prefer being able to try it on before I buy.

I tried on the Henderson Aqualock and I have to admit, I love how easy it was to put on...and coming from someone shaped like a Christmas ornament...that is saying something!
We could have a TV series on 'Cold Cases - ScubaBoard'. In this case I would love to know the 'outome' - what wetsuit did the OP end up getting? But, she hasn't posted since the day after she put this one up 3 months ago, and we are left to wonder.

I have found my 5mm AquaLock to be an absolutely fantastic suit - probably the most comfortable wetsuit I have ever owned. I only have ~20 dives on it so far, so time will tell how durable it is. But, at this point, I love it.

Jim made an interesting point in his post at the start of this thread last year, about the construction of Henderson suits. I have used Henderson westsuits since I started diving 11 years ago, and have found them to be generally durable. I used a Microprene as my primary pool suit for many years, and only in the past year did I have to replace it (with another Microprene). I do not like the ThermoPrene line as much as its predecessor (I can't recall the name). I have one (3 mm) of each, and I have found the neck material on my Thermoprene to be not very durable (it started 'pilling', and fraying around the upper edge, right away) and the seams on the suit, while intact, appear to be wearing a bit - lots of loose thread ends. In contrast, on my older suit the seams are in much better conditions, with the exception of the stitching around one wrist, and I think it is a much sturdier suit. I wish they had not moved to the ThermoPrene model.

I'm looking at the AquaLock vs. the Thermoprene. Leaning towards the AquaLock, but curious to hear inputs from any owners on longevity so far. I realize the model is relatively new, but anyone got a bunch of dives in one yet? Hows it holding up so far? Still as warm 150 dives into it as it was on dive 1?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom