Henderson Aqua Lock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Naberius

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Anyone own this suit & the set? (Gloves, hood, booties) what are your feedback on it? And would you recommend it for a newbie diver?

I have a 5mm along with the hood. It's a very nice suit. The zippered wrist and neck seals on the 5mm are very effective. The hood is nice, with a very wide bib - makes a nice seal when mated with the suit.

My only complaint relates to the orange lining. Take care to keep any Velcro away from the lining as it pulls the lining. The only velcro on the suit is on a flap at the back of the neck. Take care not to let the hook side touch the liner or it will pull the liner. It frays a bit also.

Thank you for replying, and providing such feedback. Unfortunately none of my local diving stores carry it, when it comes to size, the chart would suggest I be Medium size for the suit.

What is your size? How does it fit/look?

Oh goodness, I can't help you there as the suit is all packed away in storage. It's only used in "warmer" waters as I use a dry suit regularly.

What ever size it was (I believe a medium) it fit great and "looks" good. I am of "average" build - 5'10'', 160lb, 32/33 waist, 32/33 inseam.

I bought it for a trip I did on the Kona Aggressor. Fourteen of us went down, well over half of us wore the same suit. Can't tell who is who in the photos!

lol, wow that sounds like quite the trip. :) Everyone keeps telling me that fitting is important when it comes to wetsuits. I'm waist 32-33 as well, 5'9'' and weigh in about 168. :O

Everything I wear is medium, so I'm hoping when I order everything at Medium it'll all fit. X_x

and I'll be pretty much diving in warm water unless it's winter it tend to get below 60 degrees here in Florida, USA. So a 5MM would be ideal right? Instead of the 3MM?

Well, thermal tolerance is pretty individual. I was using the 5mm in 72F water.

To be honest, anything below 70F I'm wearing my dry suit...just adjust the undies to suit the temps.

The aqua lock part of the accessories seems to be a bit of gimmick to me. I have a 7mm Aqua Lock fullsuit that I wear with Oceanic gloves, an Aqualung 5mm hooded vest and DeepSee booties. The minimal water transfer using these pieces is similar to what I experienced when using actual aqua lock pieces. If the Henderson accessories fit me as accurately as the others, I might be able to discern a difference that I'm otherwise unable to.

Either way, I'm quite happy with the fullsuit, though I did have to trim around the zipper on mine slightly as it kept catching near the top.

I'm 6'1", 170lbs, athletic build (negatively buoyant in fresh water), 32" waist, 34" inseam, 15" neck, 32" arm, 40" chest. The Medium Tall fits me near perfectly, though it has a slight gap around my midsection. Wearing a 5mm vest takes up the slack completely.

What you're comfortable in is a personal preference and even that can vary. When we were in Little Cayman (~79 avg) a few months ago, my wife mostly wore a 5mm fullsuit and I was usually in a rash guard and boardshorts. We just got back from Belize (~82 avg), where she typically wore a 0.5mm skin and I was comfortable in a 3/2mm fullsuit. In Monterey (~52 avg), I can dive wet comfortably in a 7mm with a 5mm vest, or a 5mm with a heated shirt, though my preference is to dive dry at that temperature.

Last edited:
The medium sounds about right to me. My Henderson suits, both 3 and 5 mm fit me and we are similar in size.

Ratio, thank you very much for your input :) I appreciate the feedback! dmoore19 thanks! I think I'll get the medium :) since the size charts suggests so and I got some positive feedback. Hawk, I think I might do that, adjust what I wear under the suit to accommodate for the temperature under water.

Anymore feedback on the Henderson aqua lock set is welcome :)

Also do any of your shop from http://www.scuba.com ?? As I'm thinking of shopping there to get suit. How are they with customer service, and trustworthy?

Can't help you there. I have never had the need to shop online for dive gear. We are very fortunate to have five dive shops in Calgary and area that can provide one with everything one could desire at prices that are not too far off online stuff once shipping, duty, and taxes are factored in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom