Help with water temps around Caribbean in the fall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I get cold quickly, don't enjoy cold waters. Love water higher than 85F, anything lower than 75F stresses me out.

It seems my vacation will be pushed, perhaps, from October to November. I have not been anywhere in around the Caribbean, especially this late in the fall. Really wanted to take a vacation this August but work needs me now.

Is water anywhere there still around 80-85 in November or is it too late? Will a shorty do or do I need a full 3mm or maybe 5mm (need to start shopping)? Where should I go for higher temperatures?

Please help as I have not been around and this is my first year diving. Thanks.

Hey, little f*cker. Yeah, I am talking to you. Did you know that soon it will be 10 years of scuba diving for you? And did you know that you'll be living in what can be well described as Caribbean yourself, right next to the beach, dive your little hear out; and you'll become an expert on those damn Caribbeans water temps yourself? Imagine how one little hobby will change your life, your location..?

Reactions: Doc
Hey, little f*cker. Yeah, I am talking to you. Did you know that soon it will be 10 years of scuba diving for you? And did you know that you'll be living in what can be well described as Caribbean yourself, right next to the beach, dive your little hear out; and you'll become an expert on those damn Caribbeans water temps yourself? Imagine how one little hobby will change your life, your location..?
I enjoyed that.

Is it water temp…or is it the rainy season?

Surface intervals during the Caribe months specified can be cold and windy. That might bear great weight here.

Roatan’s South side is always very warm. I have never read lower than a rare 78, but most of my readings are in the 82-86° zone. I wear THREE recording thermometer devices. I’m not just glancing at a meter once-in-a-while.

Even in the third quarter months, I have found 92° readings (in the flats at 3fsw) in the late afternoon.

These above were 15fsw recordings. Upwellings are wild cards and should be considered as such.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom