Help with STA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Weld the head of the screw to the STA on the other side. No interferance there, and it provides a better torque anchor. Be sure to make the welds where you can grind them off so the bolts can be changed if the threads are damaged in handling. :devilish: SST is way soft and takes banging about in trucks and gear bags poorly.

Keep the welds small so the BFH has a chance to do it's work at disassembly.

FT

FredT once bubbled...
Have a weld shop place two small spots on the STA with 316 rod in the slot location of the screw. If the screw needs changing the BFH will break it free, then the weld remains will prevent the replacement screw from turning. FT

O.K.

I thought the welds would have to be on the wing side in order for what you were saying above to work.

So,

I should place the spot welds here?

And I guess this is a BFH?

The screw hole on my STA is countersunk to be flush on the tank side to minimize tank height. The flat head screw I provide has a wide slot so it's possible to just tack down the ends of the screw slot to provide both retention and torque resistance.

BTW your BFH looks to a bit light! That's a one handed model!

FT

FredT once bubbled...
BTW your BFH looks to a bit light! That's a one handed model!

FT

Fred,

It seems that the AUL site has 'left the building'.

Do you know of a current link?

It was the only place on the net where folks could view your plates and such.

SA

Back
Top Bottom