Help with Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The hotel and dive packages seem fairly reasonable, but the round trip air from Florida is brutal--$700 per person and up.

Any suggestions for more reasonably priced airfare. This was with Continental.

Check out Blue Angel Dive shop. They have packages available at a great hotel Villa Las Anclas - CHEAP, good place to stay and Blue Angel is a great place to dive with.

Web address: www.blueangel-scuba.com/

Continental and American Airlines run sales from time-to-time. Right now Continental has a Cinco de Mayo fare of $540 per person round trip from Minneapolis.

Hotel Barracuda right now has a 8 day/7 night stay with 5 2-tank morning dives for $459 per person. Afternoon 1-tank dives can be added for $10 per person, per day through Dive Paradise.

My best advice is to stay at the Presidente (easily the most expensive and luxurious hotel on the island, VERY NICE! We've been there 4 times!) and dive with Living Underwater, a relatively newcomer on the scene. It is owned by a former DM with Aldora Divers (Oracio) and they use the steel 95's and 120's, but do not warrant a change in the din connection. They are fabulous! Oracio and Gabriel can find ANYTHING UNDERWATER! You may pay a little more for LU but it is definately worth it. The Presidente is always running deals but beware they are not including the on-site dive op (Scuba Du-they're OK, but after diving with LU) there is just no comparison. I don't recommend any all-inclusives as what is the purpose of going to Cozumel without sampling all the wonderful food options. I do not recommend trying to stay cheap, because you get what you pay for and if your spouse wants luxury, cheap is NOT the way to go! Good luck!

I took my first dive trip after certification in Cozumel. It was fantastic! I went to a GREAT dive up -- Acquatic Sports. It's a family run business. Small boats, very personalized, excellent on safety. Since I was a new diver the sent down an extra diver just to watch me AT NO EXTRA COST. Also, the diving cost happend to be one of the cheaper ones, as I recall. Plus they serve a delicious lunch on board! Sergio is the owner and his son, also Sergio, is a dive master. I HIGHLY recommend them! (although their web site isn't the greatest.). I recommend e-mailing Sergio.

Cheapest isn't always the best, but we have found a place that not only has great prices - but great staff & service.
Blue Angel Dive Shop offers this special price.

You can get hotel 8 days, 7 nights PLUS 5 days of 2 tank boat dives PLUS free tanks for shore diving for only $399.00 per person/double occupancy.

You have a choice of where to stay also. In the Lorena, oceanside right next to the Blue Angel Dive Shop or at the Villa Las Anclas

Personally, I think the Presidente Intercontinental is highly overrated. Its not all that nice, over priced & isn't all-inclusive. The best place on the island is, by far, the Iberostar. Its pricey, but if you want top shelf, this is the place.

The Intercontinental does run deals with the on site operator, Scuba Du. Get a hold of Ramon Flores at the hotel and see what he can do for you. By using the on-site op, you eliminate most of the work. They get your gear out to the dock, they bring it back, rinse it and hang it to dry, ready for the next dive. They run 5 boats and have very good DMs. They're VERY safe and a bit conservative on bottom time.

Back
Top Bottom