Help with choosing BPW lift

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool video where they pressurise neoprene on this page

Nice video.

Does raise the question... How come RubbaTex doesn't compress? Is it made using compressed nitrogen to resist the pressure; which is so clearly demonstrated on the other samples

Nice video.

Does raise the question... How come RubbaTex doesn't compress? Is it made using compressed nitrogen to resist the pressure; which is so clearly demonstrated on the other samples
So I am not familiar with this material at all, I only posted that because I found it cool to see the neoprene become thinner under pressure visually.

If you google for “rubatex site:scubaboard.com” you can see a few old threads about it, but it seems that the material is just more rigid so it compresses less and leaks less air during compression (apparently this is why neoprene does not regain immediately its size when you surface)

This thread was interesting:

I think 28 pounds would be completely fine. In the 7 mm you won’t need that much weight, and in a drysuit you have the suit as well for inflation. I actually use a 22 lbs wing even with my drysuit (only 8 or 10 L single tank tho, in temperate waters). I prefer the smaller wing not for how it feels in the water necessarily, but more for how easy it is to travel with. Either way you’ll probably be fine however.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom