Help with Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was just in Belize last week with my boyfriend. We stayed at Hamanasi Dive and Adventure Resort. It was the most amazing time. We got the 5 adventure package. We dove 2 out of the 3 atolls in Belize, Glovers And Turneffes. And we dove the barrier reef. The dive crew was increible!! They were soo nice and very helpful. They have rent gear to you if you don't have and take care of it for you so you don't have to worry about it. After each time you dive, they rinse off your gear with fresh water, so its ready for you the next time you want to dive. They set everything up for you and have it ready to go and then they switch your gear over to another tank between dives. This was a very spoiling dive trip. The resort was beautiful and well maintained. The people there were beyound nice to us and were always willing to help and satisfy us. We need the all inclusive package, and the food was great! I am a very picky eater and I loved it! Portions were just right. The rooms were well kept and clean. We also did two land excursions, cave tubing and went to visit the mayan ruins. the cave tubing was amazing. We climb at least 100ft up into the cave and about a mile in. And the mayan ruins were just increible to see!! I would definitly recommend staying here! It was one of the best trips I have ever been on!! Any other questions just ask!

I was just in Belize last week with my boyfriend. We stayed at Hamanasi Dive and Adventure Resort. It was the most amazing time. We got the 5 adventure package. We dove 2 out of the 3 atolls in Belize, Glovers And Turneffes. And we dove the barrier reef. The dive crew was increible!! They were soo nice and very helpful. They have rent gear to you if you don't have and take care of it for you so you don't have to worry about it. After each time you dive, they rinse off your gear with fresh water, so its ready for you the next time you want to dive. They set everything up for you and have it ready to go and then they switch your gear over to another tank between dives. This was a very spoiling dive trip. The resort was beautiful and well maintained. The people there were beyound nice to us and were always willing to help and satisfy us. We need the all inclusive package, and the food was great! I am a very picky eater and I loved it! Portions were just right. The rooms were well kept and clean. We also did two land excursions, cave tubing and went to visit the mayan ruins. the cave tubing was amazing. We climb at least 100ft up into the cave and about a mile in. And the mayan ruins were just increible to see!! I would definitly recommend staying here! It was one of the best trips I have ever been on!! Any other questions just ask!

rescom:
I just came back from Ambergris Caye and dove with Protech. First, let me start by saying that they were on-time when it came to picking me up by boat at the dock of the house we rented which a few miles down on South Beach. I recommend two divemasters as these two guys are the only two I would dive with. Minor and Brian are as professional as it comes. I did not want to dive with the two lady dive masters as the are not from the island and seem to have bad attitudes about living in paradise being polite to their customers, but that is a whole different conversation. As I talk about this operation I will use Brions and Minors names together as their quality was paralell, although I believe Brion has more experience. These fine divemasters knew what equipment size I was, how much weight I needed, and nearly my experience level as he paired me up with someone of similar scuba knowledge all before we even set fin in the water. The rented equipment(which is as good as the stuff I own) was already to go for me, and I only had to carry my mask/fins around. The tanks had a full 3000psi. and they set their time limits to the rec. planner specs, otherwise no timed dives. Their briefings were clear and accurate discriptions of the sites we dove and made me feel like I could lead based on the confidence they instilled. The dives were fantastic and we did not go to the same place twice. The fish life, visibility, and water were phonominal. After we weree finished they took me straight back to my villas dock and they handled my equipment until the next day which it was already to go for me again. Those two men make the operation 5star and I believe they need to be recognized and supported. This is not a paid advertisement and would be willing to comment further if asked The dive shops name is Protech and they are located at the Belize Yacht Club(no worries not any more expensive) Their telephone number is 011-501-226-3008 us 646-216-9955 www.protechdive.com

Rescom, I think you're right on when it comes to Protech, and its divemasters Brion and Minor. We must have just missed each other as my wife and I dove with Protech from March 3rd to the 11th. The weather was less than cooperative during the last 3 days, but we still managed to get in 12 dives during our stay. Most of our dives were with Brion, although we had a few with Minor and one with their new divemaster Israel. We made 21 dives with Protech a year ago.

Brion has the greater level of experience, as is evident by his recent promotion to Dive Shop Manager. He ties up all the loose ends. We'd arrive about 8:45am for our 9:00am departure, and our gear would already be on the boat. Not once did we find anything that had been missed. Prior to leaving, all I had to do was verify my Nitrox tanks. With them, there was never more than a 0.4 percent deviation. The dive briefings were short and to the point. Dive durations were completly limited by air consumption times. Sorry your tanks were only filled to 3000psi, mine were usually topped out to 3200. :14:

I'm sure there are a number of good dive operations on Ambergris, but the service at Protech definately stands out. There were never more than 5 divers on a boat when we were there. On one occaision it was only myself, and on 2 dives it was only my wife and I. I guess I kinda like the personal service and attention. And Let's not forget Miss Anna, the face behind the counter. She plans the dives, takes the money and keeps everything moving along smoothly. :42: Ken

Here's a Loggerhead sequence:

I have stayed and dove with Kanantik (pricey but worth it) for fancy stuff and on the cheap in Caye Caulker. I always went with Paradise Down dive service, but also heard good thing about Belize Dive on Caye Caulker. I liked PD because of bigger faster boat. Diving awesome everywhere. Hope you will see whalesharks if timing is right and you are diving Gladden Split.

mauidive05:
I having the most fustrating time trying to plan a dive vacation for myself and my sweetie in Belize. I am not sure of the resorts, which ones are good and bad. Also, I am a new diver and do not have any equipment. Please let me know if you have heard of any mederately priced packages with perhaps airfare. Basically, we would like to dive for the entire stay, which will be anywhere from 7 to 10 days in the end of June into July.

Thank you in advance for your time and effort.

Avoid Ramone's "Resort". It is not a private or quiet place - all beaches in Belize are public but because Ramone's is so close to town it gets the most traffic. The rooms are not that comfortable for two people and it can get noisey, due to loud music from outdoor speakers from the restaurant right outside the resort. The food there is OK, nothing special.The Dive Op at Ramones is fine. Ramone's is expensive for what you get. You can do better with your dive dollars elsewhere on the island. Good luck.

As for dive operators -Amigos Del Mar (very helpful and friendly professional crew) and Protech and (if you are looking for Nitrox or any advance classes - Peter and Junior are the best). This is from our experience diving last year with both operations.

Have fun and safe diving.

My husband and I dove with Amigos del Mar in 2004 and they were really great. We dove the Blue Hole, the Aquarium and Half Moon Caye and had tons of fun and saw more fish than I ever imagined seeing. It was the first place I dove after certification and the DMs were nice, informed and helpful. Have fun, I''m jelaous.

yakivet:
Just so "Belikinkid" doesn't get accused of joining Scubaboard just so he can post this message, I'll back him up. Thanks for the Post. Ken :42:
could you post to this website. It appears that your posts were deleted

Back
Top Bottom