Help with Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have PDFs of the threads, though I don't know how to post them. Rescom - if you PM me with your email address I'll forward them to you. I can't stand censorship.

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and to scuba diving. I plan on making my first trip to Belize late this summer. I was reading through this thread and wondered if any one could give a example of where to stay for cheap WITH prices. I know they fluctuate but just to get an idea you know? I'm sure this is the 1 millionth post about Belize so sorry for the repetition! Thanks you guys. :D

Earlier it was posted to check out the website Ambergriscay.com. This will take you to the webpage about development and ownership opportunities on Ambergris
Cay in the Turks and Caicos Islands. Not very informative otherwise.

The correct webite is www.ambergriscaye.com

Hi
Not sure if this is the best place for this post or not. New to SB just registered today. Was wondering if anyone has advice / tips for San Pedro ie. where to go or not to go. My wife and I staying at Ramons in June and are not doing the meal plan so looking for food, drink etc.

We're pretty adventerous travelers and are always seeking first hand knowledge from those that have gone before us.

Any advice?

regards
kcjones
Chicago

You can contact ecologic divers, www.ecologicdivers.com and they can help you with accomodations and diving. They work with several hotels from inexpensive to $$$$
they are located on Ambergris Caye just north of the gas dock.

Hi,

I dove in Belize on Ambergris Caye Island a few years ago and loved it. Very laid back island where flip flops and a polo shirt can make you feel over dressed. Dove with Amigos del Mar and had a really great time with nice dives, including the day trip 3-tank dive to the Blue Hole. Thinking about going back to Belize again this summer and am considering a dive package with the Mayan Princess Hotel and Amigos del Mar. Without looking, I think around 7 nights with several days of diving and round trip airfare from the mainland is $800-ish a person. Here's a website that may be helpful to you:http://www.caribbeandivevacations.com/Belize.html. Plus you hit some websites for the Mayan Princess. We used Jan at Caribbean Dive Vacations for a trip to Cozumel and thought she was very helpful and informative.

For Ambergris Caye please make note that hotels above the small "canal" that splits the island (just north of San Pedro) will have limited access to town unless you rent a golf cart (no car rentals on island) and make sure to cross the canal by about 8 p.m. at night, or you can pay for water taxi transportation at night. For this reason I will plan to stay probably a little south of San Pedro and avoid any travel or time constraints when dining or hanging out around town. Good luck and hope you enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom