Help With Aladin 2GComputer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nhglyn

Registered
Reaction score
New guy here so please bear with me :)

Bought an Aladin 2G that is part of 3 gauge console, it was a demo that I got for a great deal. I looked through the manual but can not find the answers. I would like to know how to do 2 things:

1. Set the clock to the correct time.
2. Clear/reset the dives that are presently stored in the log. I would like to "start fresh" with just my dives in the log.

Thanks for any help.

Press the right button multiple times until you get to "Set 2"

Now hold that right button down to enter the Set 2 menu.

Press the right button until you get to UTC, then hold right button to set.

After you set the proper UTC, it will take you back to the main screen. So repeat above and get back in to the Set 2.

The next thing after UTC is the time. Hold the right button down to be able to set it.

As far as clearing the dives, I don't think you can. Just upload your dives and then delete all of the dives in the Smart Trak software that are not yours. They won't be uploaded again.

---------- Post added September 13th, 2015 at 02:42 PM ----------

I tried to upload the manual but it is just a little larger than allowed.

The section you are looking for is 11.3

If you need the pdf, let me know...

2. Clear/reset the dives that are presently stored in the log. I would like to "start fresh" with just my dives in the log.

Thanks for any help.

See picture. Several ways to choose dives. Click on one, then hold <ctrl> key and click on each of others.
If all in a row, click on the first, go to the last, hold <shift> and click on the last one.
You can also do the "shift" select, then go back to <ctrl> click ones you don't want selected.

Capture.jpg

So, remembering I am new at this, what software do I need on my computer and how do I get the log to download. Your help is most appreciated.

See picture. Several ways to choose dives. Click on one, then hold <ctrl> key and click on each of others.
If all in a row, click on the first, go to the last, hold <shift> and click on the last one.
You can also do the "shift" select, then go back to <ctrl> click ones you don't want selected.

View attachment 216431

---------- Post added September 13th, 2015 at 08:26 PM ----------

So, I found the Smart Track software and have installed it. How do I get the data from my log onto my computer and then into the Smart Track software?

Do you have a irDA Dingle for your computer?

Sent from my SCH-I605

Supposedly, any IRDA dongle will work. If memory serves, you cannot delete the dives on the computer, but you can delete them from the log on your computer. Unfortunately, I do not the know the application's compatibility with the current operating systems, but Smart Track worked without problems on my Windows 7 machine.

All questions answered, thank you to all who helped.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom