Help with airfare/flights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brownmola

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am looking for the cheapest fares from Los Angeles to Cebu (planning on going to Cabilao and Dauin). I will be going sometime in July or August. I just checked some flights and the cost from Los Angeles to Cebu was around $1350. Should I keep waiting and wait for the fare to come down or is this the price I should expect?

Thanks for all you help.

July - Aug is a peak season, so I doubt, you'll find anything cheaper than that.

Did you try Asia.com - Discount Fare Search - Cheap Discount Airfare? They may not be of help all the way to Cebu, but you might find a good fare there for LAX to HGK, for example. From major destinations in Asia (Hong Kong, Singapore, etc.), you can probably find a cheap flight through Cebu Pacific Air - It's time everyone flies.

I don't know anything about travelling to Cebu in July, but I'm planning a trip to Cebu from Vancouver in February/March and it's not as expensive as I would have thought.

(Sorry for the long links -- not quite what I typed in...)

Try to contact your local Asian Market or Phil-Am shops. I have two locally that I call and generally they offer promo's that offer prices far less than you will find online. It depends on the season, when you book, etc. but I paid as little as $855 rt SEA to MNL in March/April on NW airlines, and $1200 SEA to MNL in December on EVA airlines. I could have paid less in Dec. if I had booked earlier. But some folks on the same flight paid as much as $1700. Gotta LOVE the Holidays!

Try to contact your local Asian Market or Phil-Am shops. I have two locally that I call and generally they offer promo's that offer prices far less than you will find online. It depends on the season, when you book, etc. but I paid as little as $855 rt SEA to MNL in March/April on NW airlines, and $1200 SEA to MNL in December on EVA airlines. I could have paid less in Dec. if I had booked earlier. But some folks on the same flight paid as much as $1700. Gotta LOVE the Holidays!

Yes, I've gotten about the same. I recommend EVA, I've even paid more to fly over NWA and others. Better service. EVA usually has a sale in the spring about Feb or so. I usually get a ticket from a travel agent because they've got access to blocks. At best I've seen the same price on EVA's website - join up to their miles club where you recieve better pricing than general public. I paid $910 for a SEA-MNL for Nov.10/Dec.03. I went to Cabilao as well, stayed a couple of nights in Manila and got a flight to Tabilaran for about $35 on Cebu Pacific. Polaris picked me up at the airport and got me to the resort - glad I did as I arrived and the skies proceeded to rain cats and dogs for the whole ride there.

I had found LA top Cebu for 950$ in february through Cathay Pacific. But was unable to get to LA from here with my stinking arimiles...:shakehead::shakehead:

Good luck!

If you are going to Cebu. I would recommend Philippine Airlines. The extra $$$ you pay will be worth it without the hassle of transferring to another airport. At least with PAL the airport teminals are right next to each other. Unless you bypass Manila and just go to Cebu via Hong Kong or Singapore. Airport terminals in Manila are also closed from midnight to 4 am.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom