Help! wetsuit looks chewed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It looks like the sleeve on your shorty could easily be repaired with some aquaseal.

The only one that really looks challenging is the knee on your husbands.

Even that, you could use aquaseal on the threads to stop any more unraveling.

With water temps of 80 F or so, even with the current damages, the suits should still be enough for thermal protection. You'll just look like a hobo. ;-)

You NEVER want to use aquaseal to fix a tear like that. Aquaseal is too stiff and this will often cause the rubber to tear when stretched adjacent to the repair. You want some real wetsuit glue. It is cheap and easy to fix with neoprene glue.

You can use aquaseal on SMALL local areas to cover a hole or even to lock down an unraveling sewn seam etc. FYI a drop of super glue will lock down the threads on a torn seam.

You NEVER want to use aquaseal to fix a tear like that. Aquaseal is too stiff and this will often cause the rubber to tear when stretched adjacent to the repair. You want some real wetsuit glue. It is cheap and easy to fix with neoprene glue.

You can use aquaseal on SMALL local areas to cover a hole or even to lock down an unraveling sewn seam etc. FYI a drop of super glue will lock down the threads on a torn seam.

I will defer...

Personally, I'd probably buy new suits and hire an exterminator.

You need Wetsuit cement and aqua seal. The cement can handle the smaller rips, but you need aqua seal for those big gashes

wet suit cement and aquaseal..use aquasesl to reinforce the seam of the repair. OR take it to the lds where you purchased it and see if they can do it. We have had cutomers come in with suits they had purchased from us and we either repaired it for them at no charge or shipped to manufacturer and had them fix it. sometimes depending on the age of the suit it is better to just get new. And do not put into wash machine/dryer EVER.

His suit is custom :/ I was telling him about the comments here and he goes.. "Donor neoprene? Can we cut up a coozie?" Lol dork. I ordered some repair stuff and I'll hope it works. If not, he can wear the other half to Coz.

Sounds like a great reason to buy new suits.

Lol yup. He fits in regular rows but its not comfortable. Exit rows are obviously preferable.

The patch a wet suit link was informative I'm hoping to work on them today.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom