Help.....Water got inside my ProPlus 2!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shawn E

Reaction score
Don't know how it happend, but water got inside my ProPlus 2 computer! :shocked2: It won't do the countdown and it shows a "ALT" error code. Is this a fatal deal? The computer is out of warranty and I would like to get an idea on how much it may cost to have it repaired if I send it in to Oceanic. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Shawn

As a diver who has murdered many dive computers, I'd say the prognosis is not good. It's probably dead. Sometimes you can dry these things out and they work OK but it sounds as if it's gone. I've never heard of repairs after warranty but you can contact Oceanic right on SB. They may offer you a discount if they can't repair it reasonably. Or you may end up buying a new computer. Shame - I also really liked my ProPlus 2 before I killed mine.

Water and electronics is a bad combination, especially if it's salt water. :( You can try submerging it in a bowl or bag of dry rice to help dry it out and see if that helps (the rice will help draw the moisture out), but honestly I'd start shopping for a new computer.

I had it serviced before I used it. The Oceanic shop checked it out and replaced the battery. I'm hoping that the owner help me out with it....this sucks huge!

Hopefully they put the o-ring on the battery compartment. If not you could get lucky with the repair. Sorry bout this, I love my pp2.

I would take it back and watch them as they open it. If there is no "o" Ring then they are responsible for repair or replacement. Or atleast I would argue if there is no outside damage and it was used after Service.

This was the first dive after they serviced it and they replaced the battery for you? I also suspect the o-ring is missing or messed up -- Hopefully the place that did your service will stand behind their work and not give you some BS about it, if its due to their work.

Send it back to oceanic and they will repair it and thay can give you the cost as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom