Help uploading photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope that works for you. Some site like Photobucket do resize photos but it take a long time for the upload. I use CS2 but most programs like Elements will do it too. I make them around 750-900 on the longest side and save them at medium resolution.

You do not need to use Photobucket. Just pack them in 2 mb or smaller zips and upload.
Diver Dennis:
Do you resize your photos first? I size mine down to around 100kb and that seems to work well.
What do you use to resize? I use Microsoft's Resizer Powertoy - resize the to large for full screen slide show from my computer, but take up only about 100-150 kb on my hard drive, easier to email, and easier to pack in 2 mb zips.

I got word that they are working on changing the directions on uploading zips. The 2 mb indicated by the blue arrow below is correct. The 4000 k indicated by the yellow arrow is incorrect...!

Screen03a.jpg

Ok, I see this one was loaded with 374 kb. You do not gain anything with the larger kb, but it does slow up loading...

BonaireSunset.jpg

I use a Mac and Photoshop CS2 Don. My workflow for photos is saving the original RAW file on DVD, an edited verion with no watermark as a PSD on an external hard drive, usually around 5MB and a version with watermark downsized to aprox 600x900 and medium resolution to an email file for that particular destination. Here is a med res email file, the still look pretty good.

_MG_5738copy2-1.jpg

800 X 610
109kb

Oh ok - Mac. I barely speak Windows. Don't know any Mac. :silly:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom