Help/tips for attaching stress relief sleeves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why does the SPG need a stress relief sleeve?

Interesting question...why does any connection "need" a stress relief sleeve? They all have the same basic crimped connection...which seems rather "bullet proof"...I intended to put one back on because they've just "always been there" as long as I've been diving. Do they really serve any "relief" or are they vestiges from the early days when the connections weren't so sturdy?

You really don't need it but if you still want it, soak it in hot (boiling is best) water for a few minutes. This will soften it a good bit. Remove it from the water and using gloves to keep from getting burned, slide it on. Most of the time this will do the job.

The hot water worked like a charm. Thanks very much.

I'd be more concerned about boiling your eggs and your console and your party franks when you service and re-lube your spigot.

hey, good for you figuring it out. mine are nowhere near as bulletproof - i've had to change the spool o-ring at least 5 times - that's how i know mine comes off!

I'd be more concerned about boiling your eggs and your console and your party franks when you service and re-lube your spigot.

Any way you could say that in an even more confusing and obscure manner mate?

I got no idea what yer talkin about...

I use a metal tube, I cut threads in the end to accept the LP or HP hose, I push the metal tube through the protector, screw the hose to the metal rod and then pull it through.

N

nah, much more fun to figure out what he's getting at. the idea itself is often relevant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom