Help the Yankees are Invadin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diveral:
Thanks for the ideas Tom. The three mile barge night dive sounds like a good idea. We have all six slots booked for Sat and Sun but you are welcome to join us on Monday. If you can't make a dive with us you ought to join us for beer and dinner one night. Steve is the current or past president of the Great Lakes Shipwreck Preservation Society (GLSPS). He documents many of the wrecks and has published numerous booklets and articles on the Great Lakes wrecks. He's currently working on a book about the wrecks of Lake Superior. Every time I'm up there he shows me his latest project. There's some fascinating stuff. What gets me are the 150 yr old wooden shipwrecks that are intact with the masts still standing. One of these days I'm going to dive one of them.

AL

I would enjoy being able to sit down and talk to them on wrecks in general. There are a few around here I would like to chase down a history on but it seems every road I try leads to a dead end. Sadly my free time is limited and making plans ahead of time is almost next to impossible to keep. You need to try in getting them involved here on the board, It would make for some great discussions.

OK so the Yankees talked the Alabama divers into sticking around and diving Monday as well. We have a 2 tank offshore trip scheduled Monday out of Pensacola.

So here's our dive plans:
Saturday 2 tank offshore with Gary: Diving Pete Tide, Navy Tug 151 Tug etc.
Sunday - 2 Tank dive on the Oriskany with Gary
Monday - 2 tank offshore trip out of Pensacola. Dive 1 Avocet or Rigs, then we'll pick up something else on the way in

Then the Yankees are dropping me off at the condo and heading to Vortex where they will spend one or two nights. They'll dive Vortex Tuesday and maybe I can talk them into heading over to Morrisons as well. Then they're coming back to Pensacola and spending Wednesday touring the sights. I've told them about the Naval Aviation Museum & Ft Pickens. Anyone know another good place to send them to.

We'll be spending 3 nights in Gulf Shores and they'll spend at least one night in Pensacola if any of you want to meet for dinner any night. I'll ask Steve to bring down some of the stuff he's written about the Great Lakes shipwrecks.

I'll be staying in Gulf Shores the remainder of the week. I'm going to get in some shore dives. Dive Perdido pass, the whiskey wreck, maybe the paddle-wheeler if anyone's interested. I may head over to panama City and spend a day with reeldiver.

AL

Back
Top Bottom