Help shooting big with a TG6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David Miceli

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife and I are heading to the Galapagos in November. I’m trying to outfit her TG6 to catch good shots of the larger/faster moving subjects. What are your recommendations for accomplishing this goal. She has a PT 059 housing.

check this out, it may have some information you are looking for

There is a pretty good AOI wide angle wet lens I think?
Definitely set up the camera to save pictures in both JPG and RAW. If any of the white balance settings for the JPG don't turn out right, you can go back later and fix it in RAW editing.

You won't get much benefit from flashes (fashionable to mistakenly call them 'strobes,' except in the case of the new programmed rapid-fire ones) if you are doing large fish schools at a distance greater than a couple feet.

Definitely an option to skip buying and packing flashes for shallower scenes or places with distant subjects and good visibility.

[And dear gawd please no always-on mega blinding video lights]

My wife and I are heading to the Galapagos in November. I’m trying to outfit her TG6 to catch good shots of the larger/faster moving subjects. What are your recommendations for accomplishing this goal. She has a PT 059 housing.

For subjects further afar you'll need big butch flashes. I would strongly suggest getting in some practice before the big trip.

There is a learning curve.

Back
Top Bottom