help please with reg titan glacia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaoren:
Well, I'm not using a Titan Glacia myself but I know couple of people who do and they are all very satisfied with this reg.
I also saw this reg very frequently as a rental reg on dive resorts and I'd assume it would be too time consuming for them to fix them continously, so I'd think they have to be fairly reliable and solid for someone to chose them for such a purpose.
I don't know why they would use them on resorts as they are a reg modified particularly for cold water (hence the 'glacia') but he is right that they are very reliable. As is with the Apeks, the environmental seal keeps the inside looking like new.

rescuediver009:
I don't know why they would use them on resorts as they are a reg modified particularly for cold water (hence the 'glacia') but he is right that they are very reliable. As is with the Apeks, the environmental seal keeps the inside looking like new.
Because there are dive operators in colder climates as well :wink:

My daughter dives a Titan LX and its a great breathing , reliable and reasonably priced reg. If you want a Titan, buy it, but I would perhaps consider buying it from a different shop.

aquaoren:
Because there are dive operators in colder climates as well :wink:
Sorry you said resorts, and I mistook it for an actual resort not just an operator.

The Titan is a solid reg....my students work overtime trying to destroy them and so far can't do it. You need a new salesperson and the one you talked to needs to be selling snorkels.

Actually you can't blame the salesguy --- with so many folks buying off the internet there are fewer suckers, er customers, they can mislead and overcharge....hmmm, wonder if I detect a pattern?

There is no such thing as a bad regulator out there. But there is high performance high ends. Diaphram Balanced first stage regulator such as USD, Mares MR-12, V16, Mr22 or Scubapro MK14, MK18. Those regs are best for colder water. Oceanic also has a diaphram reg in their catalogue (oceanicworlwide.com) Mind you cie like Scubapro has recently coated their bias spring & change their piston head with thermoplastic to prevent freeze up & condensation in their piston models MK-25. Sherwood has the Blizzard which is affordable and easy to maintain . Again when choosing a regulator you want good after sale service & lifetime waranty . breathing comfort

2nd from top of line , eextremely low failure rate, I have 16 sets for training, Want a new set I will thyrow in a free seaquest weight integrated Lattitude BCD.

Used the Titan reg all through training...didn't have a problem with it. LDS said it is a good reliable reg that's why they use the in the training/rental inventory. Considering getting one for Chirstmas.

hi i want 2 thank all of those who posted and helped me, i asked another store and they said the same in thier criticism calling it cheap
cheers
flamebug818

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom