Help please....re recommended interval

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ascent to altitude is not a concern until you are ascending more than 2,000 feet.

Ascent to altitude is not a concern until you are ascending more than 2,000 feet.
Thank you.

Twice I unwittingly ascended from 1100' to 3215' because I didn't know that "Caesars Head" was that high. Both times I had minor symptoms in left hand and right hip as I got near the top which dissipated
as I descended to 2134. The first time I had thought I was being hypochondriactic. The second time, I made sure to read the elevation sign and was shocked when I read it. So I quit doing that, but it got my ignorant attention.

Thank you.

Twice I unwittingly ascended from 1100' to 3215' because I didn't know that "Caesars Head" was that high. Both times I had minor symptoms in left hand and right hip as I got near the top which dissipated
as I descended to 2134. The first time I had thought I was being hypochondriactic. The second time, I made sure to read the elevation sign and was shocked when I read it. So I quit doing that, but it got my ignorant attention.
I would still be surprised if it were a DCS issue. There was an earlier link to my article on ascending to altitude. It will give you much more information than I an place here.

I would still be surprised if it were a DCS issue. There was an earlier link to my article on ascending to altitude. It will give you much more information than I an place here.

Thanks again.

Any thoughts on:

Deep Into Deco: The Diver's Decompression Textbook, Revised Edition Paperback – March 8, 2018
by
Asser Salama (Author)

I ask only because the latest edition of the Mark Powell Deco for Divers was last updated in 2001 and this was as recent as 2018. 17 years is a lot of time for additional research and scientific investigation, but also a lot of time for BS so interested if Powell is still the gold standard or if recent publishing has any advantage.

Any thoughts on:

Deep Into Deco: The Diver's Decompression Textbook, Revised Edition Paperback – March 8, 2018
by
Asser Salama (Author)

I ask only because the latest edition of the Mark Powell Deco for Divers was last updated in 2001 and this was as recent as 2018. 17 years is a lot of time for additional research and scientific investigation, but also a lot of time for BS so interested if Powell is still the gold standard or if recent publishing has any advantage.
Both the Powell book and the Salama book are good books, different, but both good. The latter is newer, which has some advantages, since the subject is constantly evolving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom