Question Help please: need advice navigating LAX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think I will have a boarding pass for the LAX-NAN leg in my possession. I believe I have to pick that up at the Fiji Air counter in Terminal B. I'm wondering if I will be able to walk airside from T6 to TB without a boarding pass? Or would there be checkpoints along the way requesting to see a boarding pass? I think Fiji Air is requiring people to check in at their counter for presentation of documents.

As Phil says, you might want to try to call Air Canada and see what they say.

If you don't get your boarding pass for LAX-NAN when you check in initially in Canada, then yes, you will likely need to exit the terminal and go to the Fiji Airways desk in the departures level in Terminal B and get your boarding pass and then re-clear security.

Given that Air Canada and Fiji Airways are in different alliances (Star Alliance vs OneWorld), that might be the case.

As long as you have time, there are plenty of helpful people (believe it or not) at LAX that can help you get to where you need to go.

- brett

If you don't get your boarding pass for LAX-NAN when you check in initially in Canada, then yes, you will likely need to exit the terminal and go to the Fiji Airways desk in the departures level in Terminal B and get your boarding pass and then re-clear security.

Given that Air Canada and Fiji Airways are in different alliances (Star Alliance vs OneWorld), that might be the case.

As long as you have time, there are plenty of helpful people (believe it or not) at LAX that can help you get to where you need to go.

- brett

- brett
Thank you @beldridg you have provided clarity. I have a more clear sense of how this will unfold.

- brett

No most likely you do not need to go to the main ticket desk to get your boarding pass. Go to the gate directly from your prior flight. Either the agent at the gate can print your new boarding pass, or they can direct you to a customer service agent airside that can help you.

If you do not need to recheck your bags there is zero reason you should need to exit the secure area to get a boarding pass.

No most likely you do not need to go to the main ticket desk to get your boarding pass. Go to the gate directly from your prior flight. Either the agent at the gate can print your new boarding pass, or they can direct you to a customer service agent airside that can help you.

If you do not need to recheck your bags there is zero reason you should need to exit the secure area to get a boarding pass.
That would be ideal. I will ask for "help" along the way from airport staff. I now have a better overview of what may, or may not, transpire.

Thanks all.:wink:

Hmmm, agree with calling Air Canada. You will be able to ask questions at LAX; your luggage won’t! One potential Murthy’s Law scenario could be that AC puts your luggage on the T6 carousel rather than transferring it to Fiji directly. Maybe place an electronic tracker in it ahead of time? That way you could verify its location in real time.

Fingers crossed for a smooth, safe and enjoyable trip.

For my upcoming flight to PDC really glad we can cross the San Diego/Tijuana land border at CBX which dumps you right into the TJ airport turning it into a domestic flight inside Mexico. Makes life a lot easier, also a flights are a lot cheaper.

When your luggage tags get printed, they will show the final destination, either LA or Fiji. That is late in the game, but will definitely tell you if you need to deal with bags in LA. As Regulated said, I think putting some sort of tracker on your bags is a great way to go. I have Apple AirTags in my bags now and it is great being able to see where they are.

When your luggage tags get printed, they will show the final destination, either LA or Fiji. That is late in the game, but will definitely tell you if you need to deal with bags in LA. As Regulated said, I think putting some sort of tracker on your bags is a great way to go. I have Apple AirTags in my bags now and it is great being able to see where they are.

Do you just tuck them in or did you get one of the holders for them?

Back
Top Bottom