Help please going to Nassau for the first time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you do the two tank dive - they feed the sharks on the second dive. The day I did it, the first dive was at the Shark Arena, same place they feed them - you swim out a bit to the wall and go over the wall to some depth, 60-80'. Second dive was in the same spot but you kneel over a rock in a circle, 40' of water - both dives about 45 minutes.

A large amount of newbie divers is all I'll say. I was too though, 28th and 29th dive but oh dear I wasn't like that.

The feeding dive is in the afternoon, it was the fourth dive that day and yes looking at dives, very short surface intervals, 30 and 35 minutes....... 2:30 between 2nd and 3rd.....

Hey, not trying to steal the thread.. just curious on thoughts about using nitrox for the Stuart’s cove shark dives?

Not much point. I've done it twice, both times being the first person to descend and the last to ascend. The dives are so shallow, and you barely move, so minimal air consumption.

Just saying thanks to those that posted as I am looking to book a dive in March. I will be booking with Bahama divers thanks to the info above!

We have been twice to Stuart’s cove, I like it. But you are right it’s very much in out in again. The 1st time we went we often ended up having to shallow up on the 2nd dive as we were heading into deco.

The next visit we had a bit more confidence to say no I need more surface time. The crew were fine with that and we were always last out.

I just checked my dive log and my two dives with Stuart Cove were 45 and 64 minutes

Stuart Cove had a booth at the Toronto Outdoor Adventure Show last weekend. I mentioned that one of the things that I found frustrating with them is getting stuck on a boat with the folks from the cruise ships and having such short bottom times. The rep said that they know that is an issue and they are starting to try to ask people what their experience is and to group the cruise ship people all on the same boat(s) and those not on such a tight timeline onto other boats.

I don't know if this is a plan for the future or if they have recently started doing this. It still doesn't address the bus ride back unless they will be doing one bus ride to the docks and a separate one to the hotels.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom