help please - DSV vale disassembly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marvintpa

Contributor
Reaction score
Can anyone give me an idea how to disassemble a DSV drysuit autodump valve? Mine leaks and I'd like to check the diaphram without breaking the thing (leaving for a trip tonight).

Thanks

Are you sure you really need to take it apart (and can you get replacement parts if you do)? These valves tend to be quite reliable, and are much more often harmed by owners trying to fix them than by wear or damage.

The most common problem with these valves is leakage or sticking due to mineral deposits (mostly salt) and other crud getting inside. Before you try taking it apart, try a warm-to-hot water soak, then flush it out thoroughly.

I'm sure I can get parts, and since this suit has never seen salt water, I'm guessing it's not a mineral build-up.

Marvintpa once bubbled...
I'm sure I can get parts, and since this suit has never seen salt water, I'm guessing it's not a mineral build-up.

Because there are no minerals in fresh water?

If there aren't someone is going to have to explain what that stuff on my shower head is.

Back
Top Bottom