Help/parts wanted for BC fix/upgrade.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billtodive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Seaquest BC with the Rip cord system. This type uses one pull handle (left side) with 2 cords, longer one wraps around the back of the BC to hold the right side weight pocket. The longer rip cord is broken at the back of the BC. 'I'd like to get/make a second handle,, with velcro, to put on the right side, so I can dump one side at a time if needed. I have a resident seamstress (bride), so the biggest question is how to attach the rip cord to the handle/velcro. current one uses a rod wrapped with the cloth/velcro, with a tight "C" shaped cover over thee cloth/rod. Any help appreciated.
Also, if anyone has a BC with velcro un-secure weight pockets, I have used 2" webbing and buckles to make mine very secure, yet easily "droppable". Minor sewing and zip ties involved, but works excellent.

Another I could use help with. Is there a reasonable way to add a relief valve to my 6' SMB.? I'm a bit afraid I'll overfill it some time..

use paracord for the rip cords.. have your seamstress thread her SM with nylon upholstery thread. set zigzag to 2 and have her zigzag down the paracord onto some webbing. attach velcro to webbing... Robert's your fathers brother etc.. lasts for ages, I've had gear loops on my backpack done like this for the last 12 years... :)

You could sew the velcro over (in half longways) and then thread stainless rod inside before stitching the end over... then bend rod to desired shape inside velcro tube.. stitch cord on first before inserting wire :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom