HELP!!! Packing emergency!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goofygirl

Reaction score
Ok, I know it's a girl question, but I think it's pretty legitimate. :05:

We're leaving for Coz at the butt crack of dawn TOMORROW morning and I'm trying to pack. I have heard that Coz is generally a more laid back and casual vibe than most places, but my hubby and I do like to go to a few of the 'nicer' places when we go away, plus it's our 6mo. anniversary.

What's the general dress code in Cozumel? Can you go to dinner in shorts and T's/golf shirts and sandals everywhere, or is it like Aruba where my hubby should be wearing chinos to dinner and where I wore a skirt or dress every night? Are there any places where you HAVE to be dressed up? I'm already packing a few casual skirts (chino, denim, etc.) but should I bring some more dressy skirts and/or dresses?

You have to understand that I'm writing this from NYC where you can barley go get a burger without getting dressed up! :eek5: Please HELP!!!

Also, any suggestions for restaurants for our special occasion would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks a bunch! :07:

Cozumel sunshine and diving!!! Look out here we come! :fish:

goofygirl:
Ok, I know it's a girl question, but I think it's pretty legitimate. :05:

What's the general dress code in Cozumel?

Also, any suggestions for restaurants for our special occasion would be greatly appreciated!
As far as restaurants go... here's a few threads to check out:

http://scubaboard.com/t52963.html
http://scubaboard.com/t53090.html

I think Guido's or Pancho's Backyard might be nice for an anniversary dinner.

Dress code is veeerrrry casual, except at some of the resorts... I can't think of any restaurants that make you wear anything more than nice casual shorts and a decent T-shirt.

Where are you staying? That may help with suggestions as well.

Moodiejeff:
I think Guido's or Pancho's Backyard might be nice for an anniversary dinner.

Dress code is veeerrrry casual, except at some of the resorts... I can't think of any restaurants that make you wear anything more than nice casual shorts and a decent T-shirt.

Where are you staying? That may help with suggestions as well.

We're staying at Fiesta Americana.
Thanks for the input!

I'm not much help, but since you're leaving EARLY and it's Friday night, you may not get many replies... (Or maybe gazillions!)

Have never been to Coz... but have multiples trips to Playa only a short ferry ride away and Playa is VERY casual!! So I would tend towards that direction if it was me... with maybe just one nicer thing for your anniversary dinner! Have a great time!!

goofygirl:
We're staying at Fiesta Americana.
Thanks for the input!

Your husband may need pants to get into their "good" restaurant... did you go All-Inclusive? If not... Good! Go into town to eat. There are a LOT of good restaraunts, just go through as many threads as you can, you'll get some very good ideas where to go. My ideas are best but I try to be humble. :crafty:

Also try: http://cozumelmycozumel.com

Go to the forums... a lot of good reviews there too.

Moodiejeff:
Your husband may need pants to get into their "good" restaurant... did you go All-Inclusive? If not... Good! Go into town to eat. There are a LOT of good restaraunts, just go through as many threads as you can, you'll get some very good ideas where to go. My ideas are best but I try to be humble. :crafty:

Also try: http://cozumelmycozumel.com

Go to the forums... a lot of good reviews there too.

We NEVER go all-incl because we like to eat around, and everyone says there are great restaurants in Coz. I'm not sure we'll even eat at FA at all, except maybe breakfast. We plan on going into town every night actually. (unless anyone has any other suggestions!)

Are there any restaurants in town that require more than shorts and a T?

I always pack a week in advance, myself...

He'll want a pair of khaki troussers, you'll want a casual dress, for a nicer restaraunt - some do require this minimum.

However, you can wear the same set of clothes to a different one every night for 2 or 3 nights, surely. Unless you have an accident.

And if you need more, buy it there. What fun!!

goofygirl:
We NEVER go all-incl because we like to eat around, and everyone says there are great restaurants in Coz. I'm not sure we'll even eat at FA at all, except maybe breakfast. We plan on going into town every night actually. (unless anyone has any other suggestions!)

Are there any restaurants in town that require more than shorts and a T?

I can't think of any restaurant that I have been to, that has a dress code in Cozumel.
I always wear a sundress to dinner. I never wear shorts but that's just me. My husband likes to wear dress shorts and a polo or a Hawaiian looking button down.
Have fun. It's much more casual then NY..I worked in NY for 2 1/2 years so I know what you're saying..

I know that goofygirl is already there, but my experience:

I have been to most if not all the nicer restaurants on Cozumel (discounting those in the resorts), including La Cocay, and I never pack long pants.

Back
Top Bottom