Help on planning - anilao and puerto galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, Yes maybe Anilao is a better bet this time with your time restraints. If you get more time on your next visit do come and check out Scandi divers in Big La Laguna. We can arrange private boat transfer from Batangas straight to the resort. You can also take a sea plane from Manila which is around $100 each way on only takes 30 minutes.

Cheers from Kris
www.scandidivers.com

There is more than macro in Anilao especially over on Sombrero. There may be currents but I found them pretty mild. We stayed at Aquaventure Reef Club and it was as cheap as anything in Sabang.

Stay in Anilao (weather concerns crossing the channel + your short stay).
I recommend Buceo Anilao.

And yes, Anilao has lots of macro, but there are a several areas with beautiful coral/fish.

if your on a tighter budget the optional cost to travel to Sabang/PG on a private boat is $300 RT ( up to like 6 Pax)...plus you will lose about 4 hours going and coming from there back to Batangas...at this time with the public boats not stopping at Sabang you have to figure another 1-2 hours going and coming from PG to Sabang.

if you have limited time I personally would just stay in Aniliao

Unfortunately Divenut is right, everyone is losing some time with the ferry situation these days.... The public ferry from Batangas is not leaving as frequently plus the transit time from PG to Sabang.

Just to provide local currency, private banca from Berberabe (just south of Batangas) to Sabang pier is running P 3,500......split that among the passengers as appropriate. (Often times there are a few people willing to split/ride share)

Can also recommend Buceo Anilao. They were great when I was there last October for a last minute week due to the Bali volcano.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom