Help on Australia travel needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jonathan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hi all or should I say G'Day!

not a diving question but a travelling in Aus question so hope someone can help me.

I'm thinking of coming down for the rugby - especially if someone knows where I can get cheap, i.e. not outrageously marked up, tickets.

I want to go to the Eng v. SA and Sco v.Fr games in the first round which gives me a week to get from Perth to Sydney. I want to do this via Adelaide where my grandfather lives.

What would be your recommendations for this? Is there a luxury train or bus so I could see some of the desert?!

Any recommendations/links welcomed

Thanks
Jonathan

There is a train that runs from Sydney to Perth, but I don't think that it goes through Adelaide. It's a three of four day trip. You might check out Bill Bryson's Book "The Sunburned Country" for some of the particulars, as well as numerous good laughs.

I Hope you already have your tickets
Almost all the games are soldout months ago.

They appoint the agents after the tickets have been sold out! I have some prices just trying to confirm what they include because I don't want to go on a "Japanese Travel Tour"! I'm a big boy and can look after myself - anyone that knows about those tours will know what I mean.....

Thanks
Jonathan

Jon,

i know for sure that SA vs England is sold out. i was supposed to have definitely secured tickets for that game, yet lost out ;-0 ...

If you're willing to take a punt, then consider the scalpers. I would try looking for website auctions. Worth a crack.
Cheers Ears
Gasman

I would have hoped these days there would have been less of it but it appears not.

Pretty much decided to visit in September now instead - I can get a free flight down for my and the girlfriend then pop in to Adelaide before heading up to GBR for some diving for less than they want for the Eng v. SA game....

Cheers
Jonathan

Thanks Summer - that looks luck fun.

Cheers
Jonathan

Back
Top Bottom