HELP: NYEPI DAY (QUIET DAY) Bali airport closed, but I already booked my flights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Layla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Everyone

I've just been told by my friend that Bali airport will be closed on March 23rd for NYEPI DAY (QUIET DAY)

I have already booked a flight on March 23rd from Bali to Jakata on Garuda, then I have a connection from Jakata to Dubai to London on Emirates

Maybe I can change my Garuda flight from Bali [because that is the problem]
1) to a later one on March 24th ... then I would have missed my Emirates international flights to Dubai to London
2) to an earlier one on March 22nd ... and stop a night in Jakata and make my Emirates flights
but, I built in a day buffer in Bali because of the possible delay with Lion/ Wings from Flores

Anyway .... is there anyone that can confirm to me that Nyepi Day is definately on March 23rd and that Bali airport will be closed

I understand the reason for Nyepi Day, so I'm not arguing this point
Just to confirm what my friend told me

The two agents I'm using have not actually told me anything and it is now 12.30 midnight and is too late/ early to call anyone

Thanks .... Layla

Thanks Wisnu

Oh dear :eek:(

Surely one or both of my Agents would have known this at time of booking which was Nov 24th
and, how come she managed to book me a flight out of Bali on that day

I'll call her in the morning and see if I can change my flights, I wouldn't mind staying an extra night and seeing the parade, but changing international flights can cost mega $$
So, looks like a lose a day in Bali and hope there are no issues with the flight from Flores to Bali

I love international travel to far flung destination .... it's always such an adventure :eek:)

My Agent told me that as far as she is concerned, my flight will take off as scheduled on March 23rd from Bali .... even tho I told her the airport was closed

Last edited:
My Agent told me that as far as she is concerned, my flight will take off as scheduled on March 23rd from Bali .... even tho I told her the airport was closed

If your agent is so certain, I would think she would be willing to credit you the "mega $$" that it may cost to re-book you if she's wrong ... just saying.

Do you have the ticket, or e-ticket? Ask your agent for the ticket. I doubt it exists. I don't think you can book the flight for that day. Flights do leave on that day, but only before 2am.

I'd question your agent on this one. Why will your flight be the only one to fly out that day?

I have flown out the day before. The airport is a mad house. If you stay, you get to do nothing all day, not even venture from your hotel.

Layla
Actualy, I'm not 100% sure about the closing of Bali airport - just based on my experience as regular visitor to Bali, certainly can be wrong.
However, that was happenned in 2011, 2010 (I'm sure) and the the previous years.
One more thing, no parade during nyepi in bali - you'll be locked in the hotel - not allowed to go outside on the road.

Yes on 23 March 2012, Bali airport will be totally closed from all flights in and out and there are no activities at all because everyone should stay at their houses. None of the activity allows at the street on Nyepi Day.

This is 100% Layla your agent is useless and totally wrong,geta refund asap.If you require a reliable agent in Bali to arrange your flight,PM me at least they will know what they are doing and your agent has not booked you a flight for this day as no flight exist's,so no problem getting refund.

I just spoke with Garuda Airlines in the Netherlands, and they confirmed to me that no flights are opperating out of Bali on March 23rd

I'd better call my UK agaent back ....

Back
Top Bottom