Help Needed! Cement for Mobby's Drysuit Wrist Seal Replacement.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldpeanut

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Does anyone know what kind of cement I should use for the Mobby's drysuit wrist seal replacement? It seems Mobby's drysuit has different type of waterproof coating on their fabric. Can I just use the regular latex seal contact cement? Please advise. Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Terry

If you are talking about a shell suit from Mobby's, you cannot use regular latex seal cement. Shell dry suits from Mobby's are made of PVC coated fabric and plasticizer contained in PVC dissolves regular contact cement consists of polychloroprene. Instead of that, special contact cement consists of nitrile or polyurethane glue should be used for that suit. Sorry but I cannot suggest any of those available outside of Japan.

Is Mobby's still in business?

I heard they closed, but I've also heard they're still in business, and I'm not sure which one is true.

Thanks!

Terry

Ostsee Taucher:
If you are talking about a shell suit from Mobby's, you cannot use regular latex seal cement. Shell dry suits from Mobby's is made of PVC coated fabric and plasticizer contained in PVC dissolves regular contact cement consists of polychloroprene. Instead of that, special contact cement consists of nitrile or polyurethane glue should be used for that suit. Sorry but I cannot suggest any of those available outside of Japan.

That's good to hear, since I'll need seals and a zipper at some point!

Thanks!

Terry

Ostsee Taucher:
I don't know how they are in the US, but at least in Japan, they are very active.

Ostsee Taucher:
If you are talking about a shell suit from Mobby's, you cannot use regular latex seal cement. Shell dry suits from Mobby's are made of PVC coated fabric and plasticizer contained in PVC dissolves regular contact cement consists of polychloroprene. Instead of that, special contact cement consists of nitrile or polyurethane glue should be used for that suit. Sorry but I cannot suggest any of those available outside of Japan.
Hi Ostsee,

Thank you for your information. If I need to use polyurethane glue to repair Mobby's wrist seal, do you think Aquaseal would work?

Regards,

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom