Help needed ASAP! Perdix AI screen blanked out and computer died in the middle of a dive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you sent an email to Shearwater?

This is what I'd do. My SeaLife, the one that is sealed shut and can't flood, flooded while on a trip to Kona. SeaLife responded very quickly and set me up with a replacement at a LDS. Then the new one froze in the middle of a dive!! The LDS showed me how to do a hard restart underwater (hold two buttons down until the camera shuts down and then turn the power on again). Shearwater might have a 'fix' that works. Good luck!

Yup. It did. #eyeroll

On the new battery change in a scramble...

Okay okay, I see other people also suggested the new battery change might have been an issue, too. I give the OP the benefit of the doubt that he has done enough successful battery changes before that the computer dying in the middle of the dive is his only issue.

How old is the computer. While it does not help the OP, electronics do fail and most often early in their life.

As for the OP. Get a computer from the boat and carry on.

Thanks for the responses guys! Much appreciated.

I’ve tried different batteries from different brands as I have stated earlier but to no avail. I will email SW as soon as I am back on land given that there is not much anyone can do. I am on the Deep South trip here in Maldives there is not much around here.

I have a back up DC but I want to use my Perdix so I can upload all data and logs.

I bought my Perdix back in November 2017 from DRIS.

Thanks again guys!

Best of luck! When you are home, I'd love to know how it turned out. Three years is too short a life for a DC.

Back
Top Bottom