help me with key west dive planning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaandplanes

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My girlfriend and I are going to key west in october. Great place, she has never been. After we do usual parting and topless sunbathing, we want to dive a day or two. She is a new diver, so I hope this will be a good place for her to start her new diving adventure. Any suggestions on dive sites or dive companies would be greatly welcomed. Thanks, and meet us there for a dive or two, then a beer!::D

I also dive alot in south carolina with coastal scuba. Do you know any other good dive companies there?

Thanks

HappyFunBoater:

BTW, where the hell can you sunbath topless in Key West?

I don't do it because I eschew radiation, but I see old men on the beach here every day, topless--and unapologetic.

scubaandplanes,
welcome to this board.
y'all might want to do your diving up closer to key largo and tavanier.
then swing down to key west to see the sights.
regards,

Up unitl May, I had never been to Key West. I wanted to experience Duvall street and Dive. Many had told me that better diving would be in Key Largo. Well, I went to Key West anyway, and had the best dive. Went with Captain's Corner. Crew, boat, everything was great.

scubaandplanes:
After we do usual parting ...

Do you usually break up with each other on vacation? Or is this a reference to some kind of combing and grooming ritual?

I can second the recommendation of Captains Corner. The boat and crew were great. Comfy and shaded, the diving was ok, vis was down to about 30 feet on Lost Reef but Western Dry Rocks had about 50ft. Price was really nice if you have all of your gear. $40 per diver and we were on this trip with my g/f's parents, since they had never been around us while diving they asked about going, and it was free for them to just go as passengers.

Chris

I went with a dive company just off the Hilton hotel - forgot their name and I'm not at home right now. But they were good. Diving in the Key West area is okay but it gets better as you move further east (Marathon, Key Largo, etc.)

I'll toss my hat in for Captains Corner!

I've gone out with them about 4-5 times, always good!

Only drawback is that they aren't a 6-pack, so sometimes it's crowded.

I honestly think Key West diving is pretty crappy. But it's fun to party there. You could drive 30 or so miles north to Big Pine Key and do some really pretty diving at Looe Key that is great for a beginner like your girlfriend. Then you can try to find No Name Pub and have the world's best pizza before driving back to Key West.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom