Help me quit getting Email Updates on posts.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mopar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
:confused: I have went under Quick Links and clicked on edit options. Then I went under Default Thread Subscription Mode to quit getting my weekly email update. I have done this for two weeks and are still getting updates. Can someone please help me quite getting updates I get enough junk email as it is. :confused:

Under User CP your subscribed threads will be listed. Delete those you don't want to updated about. Now pick "Edit Options" under "Settings and Options" scroll down to "Messaging and Notification" set your "Default Thread Subscription Mode" to "Do Not Subscribe".

The default mode only affects the default setting when you subscribe to a new thread. It does nothing for threads you're already subscribed to. If you delete threads from your subscribed list, obviously they won't show up on your subscribed list at all either so that may not be what you want. The only way is to go into each thread and unsubscribe then resubscribe with it set to the no email option. Which is a pain, there ought to be a way to do a bunch from the list. (If you've got a lot you could just manually take care ofof the busiest ones and let time take care of the rest. As you subscribe to new threads with "no email" option, and the threads you're already subscribed to age and stop getting updates, it will just die down eventually.)

Or you could try the email opt-out. Don't know if that will turn off anything else you want.

:confused: I have went under Quick Links and clicked on edit options. Then I went under Default Thread Subscription Mode to quit getting my weekly email update. I have done this for two weeks and are still getting updates. Can someone please help me quite getting updates I get enough junk email as it is. :confused:

You will have to do this:

Click on this-> http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription

Then find all of the subscribed threads with some kind of notification.

Check the checkbox to the right of that thread.

Then at the bottom, you have the option to change the subscription type. Change to "No Email Notification"

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 8
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom