Help me, please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Garrobo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
When I first started diving I was given a set of used regs which included a Dacor 960 first stage and a couple XLE second stages and gauges. A local reg rebuilder did them up like new for me and told me that they were like '57 Buicks and would probably never need a rebuild again if I didn't abuse them and cleaned them regularly. I watched him while he did the work and was surprised at how easily they were disassembled and reassembled along with the ease of adjusting them. I noticed that you could buy these regs and parts kits pretty cheaply on Ebay and got to buying them now and then. Here's the problem. Over a couple of years I have several complete sets of these regs which I have rebuilt but I keep wanting more of them. I check Ebay every day hoping that I can find a bargain. I don't need all these regs but I keep looking for more. I don't want to get rid of the ones which I have now but I can't stop. What can I do? Is there a re-hab program for people like me? Help me, please.:dork2:

Naw just take up tech diving and you can find a use for those x-tra regs

robint: I go to Florida or Keys once or twice a month for a few days diving. That's all I can afford. (Being a candy-a$$ed warm water reef and wreck diver, living in the Midwest.) I bought a new set of Oceanics which I have been using some but I still have this craving for more of the old Dacor regs. I think it's the brass and chrome. You know how shiny things attract.

Solution...First, take two of the regs you already have and ship them to me.

There ya go! Now you have room for two more regs and can happily shop on ebay all you like!

Hey, bring one for me to the Meet & Greet in April and I can use it on my new pony.:eyebrow:

Naw just take up tech diving and you can find a use for those x-tra regs

Definitely a solution! Trouble is then you have to buy all that other stuff...like a tech BC or BP/W setup, ohh and then you have to get a reel, lift bag, better lights, gotta have a new computer that handles trimix, another knife, oh and those stage bottles so you have a place for all those regulators...and in the end...after you have dropped Lord knows how much money...you will want to just chuck it all and buy a closed circuit system after you see someone haul their stuff to the boat in one trip and you are making several. Now you have the same problem all over again. Oh but wait...you could put one or two on bailout bottles.

It is terrible being an equipment ho isn't it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom