Help me name MY New Boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Argonaut" - name of Mike Nelson's boat in "Sea Hunt"

or just "Sea Hunt" (which takes care of the divers and the spearfishermen.

My favorite boat name is "Wet Dream". We were going to name our boat that until we saw someone out on the ocean who beat us to it! We still haven't come up with one we like as much...

Probably not appropriate for a buisiness boat, though.

I lOVE the Knappy Ho.... That's funny. A few years back my husband and I bought a small 17 foot sail boat with the name "Patience" on the side. After diving for one summer with it, we realized that it just wasnt working out (you have to pack breakfast lunch and dinner to make it out 4 miles to a dive site). Our new 17 bayliner is named "No Patience". No one ever gets it, but it's a memory.

These are on my boats and I’m Italian.

“Wop Sided” is on our cruiser.
“Dago Fast” was on our 60 mph Starcraft.

Wife has MS so our dive boat is “WOBBLES”

On another boat I use a lot is “Y Knot”

A 16’ 80mph flat bottom boat I had in the early years “Merde Fuoco” :D

A friend’s boat is “Slip Er N Twice”

Gary D.

Nitrox
VooDoo Gas
VooDoo Diver
Goin' Deep
Goin' Down

We were on a dive trip in Key Largo and heard over the radio 'Goin Down' calling the Coast Guard. Took the guard several minutes to confirm that the boat 'Goin Down' was not actually a ship in distress.

I personally like....
At Work
The Office

"Bridge Rubble" would be a good name for a panhandle dive boats since that is the only dive site any of them know it appears.

Arognaut might not works since there is already a Aquanaut operating out of Destin. There is also a six pack catamaran dive charter working panhandle waters already named "Y Knot" so that one seems taken as well, Captain Dave I think runs it.

DSCF0411.jpg

Don't people kinda get tired of all of the implied sexual inuendo or racial slurs in boat names? Why not a simple name such as naming it after a first born or a wife or something significant in your life instead of "Bottom Time" as if there were not already 500 boats with Bottom Time or "Do It Deeper" on their transom with sticky mailbox letters from Walmart. Just a thought.

N

Why not a simple name such as naming it after a first born or a wife ....

N

Because if my husband named a boat after me it would be named "Psycho scammin be-ach from hades" or something along those lines. Actually my screen name "The Surly Mermaid" was a boat name and is fitting according to my "better" half.

My wife said that if we ever got a boat she'd name it after our one cat "The Mia G" (the cat's name is Mia Giselle...no, I didn't name her)

I like Abyss' boat (In Marathon FL) Vitamin Sea!

I've seen Wastin' Time, Retired, My Passion, Dig This..and other cool names in the marina in Cape May NJ....

Back
Top Bottom