help me choose where to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donnad,
Shaggie's right. We dive the Comal in the winter (drive 6 hours to do it, too) due to the temps being so tolerable there. I wear a 7mm and have no problem staying warm (good gloves and hood help!) Love that little river, it's also where I did my open water exam in January '04, so I have fond memories of it.

yes, 72 or 74 degrees or whatever it is......is much warmer than the 55 at twin lakes that time of year! the temp in the comal is about 72-74 or something like that all year, right??

Donnad, we were there several weeks ago. The river is a little merky 15ft vis. The river could use a good rain to flush the algee growth down river. Still a fun dive but we will be waiting for some rain up in that area before we head back. Maybe Sept. Oct. Nov. Water temp stays between 70-75 all year long.
Next trip I think we are going to dive comal and Travis in one day before heading back.

hmmmmmmmm........any chance i might tag along??? i see you're from houston. i would like to go with some people who've been before and i don't think my hubby would be interested in such a gig. i also know a guy who's a friend of ours that might like to do this. no problem if you already have a group and want to keep it that way........just checking. i really want to dive somewhere like that (in a one day trip) before winter comes along.

donnad. Your more than welcome to come along. We live in Katy close to freeway. My wife and I will let you know. I'll send you a private message before we go.

awesome! thanks much! will you be going on a saturday (i can't go on sunday.....have responsibilities at church)? will be looking forward to it!! thankyou!

donnad:
loosebits, that was funny! well, i'm not about to go out there in february. remember, i did my OW in the lovely twin lakes in february of 2004 in 55 degree water with no visibility (ok, 3-4 feet MAYBE). so i'm not sticking my toe in any body of water anywhere around here in february again! let's say it was not fun. not to mention you freeze to death when you get out of the water!! but at least the instructor was heating up water in a turkey fryer for us to pour down our suits in between dives.

You know, does anyone else find it interesting that of all the US forums, Texas falls behind only Florida and California in the number of posts? It really is amazing how many active mud-hole divers Texas has.

loosebits, you always make me chuckle! hooray for Texas!! i'm just really "smitten" about scuba and wanna dive somewhere halfway decent in between those blue water vacations! (and twin lakes doesn't count for halfway decent in my book.......that's my only texas "mud-hole" dive so far, so comal river is sounding pretty fun!)

loosebits:
You know, does anyone else find it interesting that of all the US forums, Texas falls behind only Florida and California in the number of posts? It really is amazing how many active mud-hole divers Texas has.

Hmmm,

Could this maybe be more an expression of longing than anything else.
Too much talking, not enough diving ?

P

Donna drives a hard bargin ...

It's gotta be warm..
It's gotta be cheap ..
and she needs to be able to see when she dives as well. :huh:

It sounds like the triangle it give to my customers :

Low Cost ~ High Quality ~ Fast Service

Pick 2

Back
Top Bottom