Help me choose where to dive in Asia/pacific

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see we live in the same area. How do you generally get to Palau and where else do you go while you're there?

I flew China Airlines to Palau via Taipei. It is a long flight, but I can usually catch some sleep. I dove with Palau Dive Adventures, a top notch valet dive operation with two boats. I enjoyed the fact that I dove with pretty much the same people each week and that PDA will go places the liveaboards and other boats don't. I spent my whole 2 1/2 week trip there as I was focused on making a BluRay of the trip.

I flew China Airlines to Palau via Taipei. It is a long flight, but I can usually catch some sleep. I dove with Palau Dive Adventures, a top notch valet dive operation with two boats. I enjoyed the fact that I dove with pretty much the same people each week and that PDA will go places the liveaboards and other boats don't. I spent my whole 2 1/2 week trip there as I was focused on making a BluRay of the trip.

That's exactly the route I was eyeing. Lax->tpe on Eva air and get an overnight tourist visa before heading on to Palau. Where did you stay on Palau?

Hey Frenchies, sorry I'm late to this ... Have you thought about French Polynesia? We have been twice to Fakarava and Rangiroa and the diving is outstanding, 5-star, in both places. I say that as someone who has been diving in Maldives twice, Raja Ampat, PNG ... I've been around.

Neither of these islands is as developed as Bora Bora, but the diving reputation is much better. Rangiroa is the more developed of the two islands and you may have the chance to swim with dolphins, if they show up (they did for us on both trips). We thought the diving on Fakarava was even more spectacular, but it is much less developed (I'm sure those two things are connected.)

I also didn't see anyone mentioning Raja Ampat, Indonesia. The diving there is truly outstanding but might be best for liveaboards instead of resorts.

Wherever you go, have fun!

Back
Top Bottom