• Aqua Lung FX Shot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aqua Lung Hot Shot

• Aeris Mako

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe a lack of any sort of review should be an immediate red flag that it is not a fin I want?

I don't know how long they've been on the market and like I said, most "reviews" are less than objective. Maybe the absence of a review just means that the manufacturer hasn't paid anyone to "review" them yet.

R..

I've searched here already for reviews on each fin mentioned and haven't had much luck in people commenting on them; particularly the Stratos and Express, which I think is weird since Aqua Lung is popular and dependable.

The reason there may not be too many reviews is because the fins may be new. If you are looking for reviews on Jets, Rockets, Dive Rites, there will be many because the fins have been on the market for years. I am not a big fan of Aqualung because I feel their equipment lines are overly confusing and complex. They seem to design gear for price points rather than function. They also redesign often. However, what they do sell is generally reliable.

If you are in Hershey and diving local, then your dives will be primarily in quarries and lakes. Quarries are rather forgiving and honestly any scuba fin will work. My advice would be to buy a less expensive fin or even used ones and get some experience first. As was mentioned fins are a rather personal choice what you like now may not be what you want latter. If you go less expensive you will not lose much on the resale.

ams511:
If you are in Hershey and diving local, then your dives will be primarily in quarries and lakes. Quarries are rather forgiving and honestly any scuba fin will work. My advice would be to buy a less expensive fin or even used ones and get some experience first. As was mentioned fins are a rather personal choice what you like now may not be what you want latter. If you go less expensive you will not lose much on the resale.

I'll be diving locally a few times a year in quarries, but the goal is to dive Caribbean as often as possible. (How often I go quarry diving will depend on how much I enjoy Dutch Springs this summer.)

Buying used fins is a good idea and I may look into it. Although I was looking forward to assembling a brand new scuba kit with all new gear. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom