Help me choose a camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am also looking for the same thing right now. My research is leading me to 2 options; the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ6 or the FujiFilm Finepix F200EXR. I am leaning towards the latter myself because it has more manual controls, it's more compact and the colour and image quality rated higher in the reviews I read. From what I gather it was designed to be a lowlight camera. My only question is where to buy one in the Philippines!!?

i would also like to suggest the panasonic zs7/tz10 which is the update of my camera.
12mp, has a great lens , 12x zoom , manual controls and good auto settings. it also has a built in gps

the best part is it shoots hd video also and it can optically zoom while doing so.
its like getting a camera and videocam in one. for me the best bang for buck.

Checked it out and it looks good. Is there a housing for the Tz10? Did you purchase in Manila? Can you recommend a good camera shop in the 'pines??

Checked it out and it looks good. Is there a housing for the Tz10? Did you purchase in Manila? Can you recommend a good camera shop in the 'pines??

i dont have a zs7 but a zs3 which cam before it.
im not sure if the zs7 is out in the philippines already but you can try henrys in carriedo.
they have the cheapest and have a v upto date inventory.
they sometimes carry u/w housing too but you can also try splash photography for availability of the u/w housing also.

if i were you buy the housing first before the camera, which is what i did with the zs3

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom