Help Improving Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did multiple same layers of adjusting and used the black/white brush to exclude areas from processing

divebrasil:
Alcina,
I actually know what RAW is. What I meant to say is that the camera won't allow the use of AF when it's set to take pics on RAW.

Thanks for all the advice.

That's odd, hmmm maybe when you switch to RAW file the camera just won't let you take the shot cuz your mem card is already/would be full.

You can set the camera to autofocus in any mode. The only mode that won't allow RAW shooting is the "scene" preset mode. If you want to shoot in RAW, I suggest you use the "MyMode" to set up manual presets for a variety of shots. You can have four settings. You can do these in "M" (fully manual) "S" (shutter priority) or any of the other manual or semi automatic modes. Put the camera in the mode you want, then set all of your options in the "camera" and "picture" menu modes, and use the scroll buttons to set the lightness settings, etc. depending on what mode you're in. Then, without turning off the camera, go to the menu mode. Scroll down to "settings", scroll down to "MyMode" and choose "current". Then choose the MyMode number you want to set for wide/macro/smacro/manual focus/autofocus etc. and press the Go button. It will save your current settings for that "MyMode" number. Then you can set up a different one for a different type of shot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom