Help identifying 2nd stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Decotek

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Got given this 2nd stage to service. No brand markings, although the purge cover design looks a bit "Aqualung" and the demand lever looks a bit like the Micra system. Anyone got any ideas on brand / model?
20190108_103131.jpg
20190108_103131.jpg 20190108_103138.jpg 20190108_103231.jpg

I agree that looks like an old Micra, but don’t know whose front cover that is. That generation Aqualung/USD was an OEM for some other brands, like Seaquest (before AL bought them) and Genesis. Darn sure the Genesis Valor was a badge engineered Micra, so maybe someone else sold it too. Styling doesn’t resemble Genesis or Seaquest logos.

JackD342 Air barrel location on the Micra was across the top of the casing, this one is straight through the middle.

I wondered about that from the photo. I can’t find anything else close in old Aqualung or Genesis manuals, but that lever still makes me think it has AL DNA.
Size of the spring and the design of the LP seat holder points towards Apollo influence too. A weird one.

Got given this 2nd stage to service. No brand markings, although the purge cover design looks a bit "Aqualung" and the demand lever looks a bit like the Micra system. Anyone got any ideas on brand / model?View attachment 498106 View attachment 498106 View attachment 498107 View attachment 498108

D...

I could give a better answer with a few more photos of the body...but it looks like an un-branded Paragon 2000 model...made in Taiwan...KISS used them for a while on their original BOV...

I made best efforts for a couple of years to keep the KISS BOV guys going...

It was for all intents and purposes a ''Micra'' knockoff...the barrel components are very crude...and there is a small ''pin'' which looked to me to be a piece of snipped off sewing needle...which held load on the spring...

Scuba-Lab tested them as ''unsafe at any depth''...

I had the last service kits that existed anywhere for the Paragons...and they're long gone...

Hope this helps...

Happy New Year...

Warren

Thanks Warren, Subsequently discovered it was also sold as the IST R10. Have stripped it and filed under "B" for bin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom