Help. Has anyone ever sent a drysuit back to O'Neill?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Benthos

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I have an Oneill drysuit and I have a leak in the left arm. I found air escaping from the seams where the wrist seal joins the the arm. I also think the valve is leaking. Has anyone ever sent one back to O'neill? A friend of mine sen't his suit back that was completely hammered and they sen't it back with new seals and patches all over it for shipping cost only! Anyone know if this is standard or how much oneil charges for repair?
Thanks
Rich

For the record. I hammered the suit on the north coast. Sent it back within a year. They took the zipper out, boots off, seals off, and put them on a brand new suit. Gave me new valves too. No charge, fast turn around. This was my third suit and I have had nothing but A+++ experience with O’Neill service. They charge almost nothing for repairs, the repairs are seamless, and their fast. I even sent them an older suit and to replace the knee's ($15) and they taped all the seams on the suit like the newer models for me too. Incredible customer service. Wetsuits are tough and have awesome zipper designs too. I got 7mm Henderson hyperstreatch and what a piece of junk. It is basicly a thick tropical suit. Sure the neoprene is stretchy but the design and components are awful. It has the cheapest plastic zipper with no seal (For $400 I expect more Henderson). Oneills have a heavy metal slider, with heavy rubber backings that keep the water out. Plus they have proven very durable and tough on the rocky north coast of CA.

Happy O’Neill customer since 96'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom