Help - getting my certification near Claremont, California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, years go by fast. My daughter decided to get certified in SE Asia. I thought it best that she seek an instructor that was not her dad. She did her classes and confined water in Singapore and OW, AOW, and Nitrox in Bali. I set her up with a GUE friend, so the PADI certs came with some cool aid. After her first CW, she used a BP/W with hovering and back fin drills. It was a pleasure to dive with her in Bali.

So glad things worked out, @charlier My daughter also got her class check out dives in warm water, then returned to dive cold water area, (with an instructor) and did fine, aside from hating 7mil wetsuits.
As other poster, @fnfalman, mentioned, cold water diving harder, so worth it to have a Dive Pro along first few dives to assist with transition.

Francesa - I agree that cold water diving is way harder than diving in warm water. After many years in SE Asia, it will be a difficult transition for me. My cold water wetsuit is a 3 mm with a hoody.

A big congratulations to you and your daughter ! (For graduating with her masters and becoming a diver- I suspect her formal education was considerable more intense and expensive that her introduction to SCUBA)

Her dive training itinerary was one to be envied .

There is no greater thrill than to dive with an offspring
It is a combination of watching them take their first steps, riding a bicycle with training wheels and sending off to their first day at school.

Sam

Sam - Since her instructor was a technical diver, she used dive tables and a bottom timer. She seemed to have no trouble understanding the gas laws. She had so much fun and it is a wonderful family activity. Best from Singapore, Charlie

edited for clarity

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom