Help. Force Fin fitment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

castanagajt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
The open foot pocket is basically resting on my toes. At the time when I bought my booties it felt "right" in a way because it felt like a conventional fin did minus the rebound and such. So now, I am rethinking that maybe I bought a size too small. because the foot pocket (facing the logo) is resting on top of my toes and the widened area of the open foot pocket is in the middle distal to my ankle or resting on top and give or take about 3 inches to my ankle. The force fin should feel less straining right?

I am a size 9 Welcome to AKONA Adventure Gear! on size 6mm neoprene. The hard rubber sole is taller than the Deep See hard rubber sole. Could it be the the boot and not the fin?

The open foot pocket is basically resting on my toes.

You are right they are too small. The pocket should rest on the top of your foot not your toes. When you fin you shouldn't feel any strain.

Good Luck
O

yup, try a thinner bootie or get bigger fins. they should rest comfortably above the arch of your foot, niether touching your ankle or toes.
Truth About Fins
this site has a couple of pictures showing where the fins should be on your foot. if you look at the hand on the top of the foot (second one), that is where the fins should contact your foot.

What size fin did you get and where are you diving that you need a 6mm hard sole boot? For me I have to gain a fin size (to XXXL) to get my 6mm hard soles in, but I really never wear them, as I can get my drysuit boot into the XXL nicely. And then I wear a 3mm soft for warmer water (sometimes using the insteps although not neccesary).

Just diving in lake mead. I just bought the 6mm just so my feet can stay warm when the water is in its low 50's or so. I guess i will have to try the Deep See boot and trade in the akona boot in. Good thing, I felt weary about the boot purchase and kept the paper. The fin itself is an XL. So basically if noted correctly, the top of the polyurethane open pocket should be wrapping around my metatarsels?

the foot pocket should in no way touch your toes. they should be completely beyond the end of the foot pocket. With a size 9 shoe, you should be perfect on the XL fin. I just think that you have too much sole on your booties. The fins should be ale to fit the foot quite easily and comfortably. They pocket should touch your foot in the same place that your hand would if you grabbed the top of your foot. But it should be able to fit without coming so far up that the closer part doesn't pinch your ankles nor should they touch your toes.

Meesier42,

I went back to Sport Chalet where I bought the Akona Bootie the next day I posted about the fit post. I opted to for the O'neil soft boot I think it is called the O'neil Speed Freak 5mm. Now, I can feel a big difference and how a Force Fin should fit.

great, I am glad that you were able to get a good fit, now you just need to get out there and dive them. Give them a while, your going to love them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom