Help for a big girl! I'm getting discouraged.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've said this many times, get a custom suit. Once you have experienced just how comfortable, warm and flexible a custom suit is, you will never buy one of the rack again. My body shape does not fit the typical off the rack sizes. (I have a big butt, long torso and short inseam and overweight as well).

When trying on wetsuits, everything from high-end Hendersons, Mares and you name it, they all would fit right in some places and too loose or too tight in other.

Once I decided on a custom I was pleased that it was less money than the high end suits but most of all, it fits perfect. I mean perfect in a way that when you slide on each leg you get this comforting thwamp as the suit gently slips into place. No restriction of movement, no gaps or thin spots from overstretching. I even had my Henderson hood modified so it fit perfect as well. So well you don’t realize your even wearing a hood.

Dave

That suit is cool, Drizzle. I was looking for some size info on it. I'll keep looking.

I looked at those for a bit too and actually called the distributer about sizing... they are VERY small, made in China and sized for tiny women.

We had this same problem trying to get a wet suit for my wife.. We finnaly got a Bare from ST and it fit her like it was made for her. There was no female suit that fit her so I wrote all her mesurements down and went through the diff. size's come to find that the men's XL short was perfect for her(it fit her like a glove). All of the female size's fit her in the waist but would not come close in the chest. You can't go wrong with the Bare suit's.

One thing to think of in the Hyperstrech. Yes it streches but what happens to thing that you strech. It get's thinner there for less thermal pertection.

We had this same problem trying to get a wet suit for my wife.. We finnaly got a bear from ST and it fit her like it was made for her. There was no female suit that fit her so I wrote all her mesurements down and went through the diff. size's come to find that the men's XL short was perfect for her(it fit her like a glove). All of the female size's fit her in the waist but would not come close in the chest. You can't go wrong with the Bear suit's.

One thing to think of in the Hyperstrech. Yes it streches but what happens to thing that you strech. It get thinner there for less thermal pertection.

I assume you mean Bare, but if you really got your wife a bear, power to you! :)

Shop around, rent some suits for a while and try as many different brands as you can. I am pretty much in the same boat as you but shorter. As I am trying to lose weight, I really didn't want to shell out big bucks for a custom suit that I may not be wearing for very long.

Luckily, I found a SeaQuest ladies suit that fits. Rented it and turns out the dive shop I rented it from was switching over their suits from SeaQuest to ScubaPro. They sold the used suit that looked like it had just a few dives on it for $100. My husband then bought a "used" suit from them that still had styrofoam peanuts in the legs!

Shop around and don't get discouraged!

I assume you mean Bare, but if you really got your wife a bear, power to you! :)

Yeah my bad.. Don't need that she is as mean as a bear anyway.Haha!!

Hey Ijust was looking on the web for you, found some cool wet suits for women but not sure if they're the right size. check em out here's a cool one
http://www.got-scuba.com/content-product_info/product_id-1427/w881_enigma_womens_full_3_2mm.html

Be wary of him, he was caught giving kudos for hte site, which he put up himself. Be very very careful, to make sure you dont get scammed, not saying it is a scam site, but at the moment Thedrizzle is in less than perfect stadning on the board, check out his post in the Gear For Sale section, called Kudos for www.got-scuba.com

Back to suits though, i just got a custom suit today, havent dove with it yet do to medical reasons, but i tried it becuase im a big dork and i loved it, much more comfortable than my other suits, and it also feels cooler on me than like a sauna like my others, prolly cause hte AC was at 77* when i tried it on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom