Help ease the pain!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chillywill

Reaction score
I Haven't done any diving in the past few months;-0 (to cold to dive here in michigan without a drysuit)and I am REALLY starting to feel the DWS (Diving Withdrawal Symptoms) :bonk:. I find it helps to ease the pain to read about other peoples dives. So how bout' it, can anyone help ease the pain with some trip reports?

ChillWill:snorkel:

Hey Will,

I can sympathize with your DWS. You might try checking out the travel section. That's where most folks post their trip reports.

hey chilley
my last dive was a week ago on monday i decided that i would help out some of our local fishing boats and remove some roap from there wheel and rudders as it can cost them allot of monie and time ashore ! started the dive in the COLD murkey water of our harbour rememberning once enterning that i only have a WET suit and NOT a dry suit i adjust myself to the cold quit well i think,after 3 boats i decide to hed for bottem to check out the local critters that i havent saw in a while
befor i could make it to bottem (33 ft) i experienced sever confusion on where i was and what was going on . first time ive experienced vertigo and thanks to the padi instructor who made sure he went over EVERY item in the book, (now i know why he did) i focused on my bubblesfound witch way they were going and fallowed them topside i decided then to call the dive and slowley mad my way back to the entry point to exit the water . the dive was only 18 minutes long but the fact the water was 36 deg F ,affected my head
so ive giving myself the drydock untill the water hits 40 at least! my legs were also affected as they did not want to werk mutch till they warmed up my body cavity was fine but the appendeges were chilled and so was my face :)

I think you were suffering more from hypothermia than from vertigo. Glad you made it out alive. When your core temperature drops to a certain point you will be confused and act in an inappropriate manner. I would not dive in that cold of water without a buddy or a dry suit. In fact, I try to limit my diving to 65 degrees and warmer with my 3 mil. I am not sure a 7 mil can really handle the temperatures you want to dive in. Seek advice from your old instructor before you continue.

Originally posted by ebbtide
i experienced sever confusion

Hey ebbtide,

I'd say you were experiencing severe confusion when you first decided to venture into 36 degree water. OUCH!

All in good fun. Stay warm brother.

Come on to the Shipwreck Festival this saturday, guy. It's in your neighborhood. Usually has some good stuff. Check out the link I put in the calendar for that date. Hope to see you there.

Hey Lakesdiver, Yeah I'm going to try to make the Great Lakes shipwreck festival. Sounds like it should be interesting. Anyone else going?

Chillywill:cold:

Hey ebbtide your a braver man then me! 36 degrees in a wetsuit forget it! Glad to hear your alright.

Chillywill:cold:

"I'm Chilly Will the Diver. I shake until I'm blue.
My head is hot and my feet are cold. Ah Eee Achoo!
Now what about the divers along the Cozumel Isle?
I'll bet they're always warm as toast. They always seem to smile.
I'm always Chilly Will. I'm frozen through and through.
My nose is red and my toes are cold. Ah Eee Achoo!"

i wanna say thanks for the concern and yup i am just fine .
ya after that last epsiode i thaught that would be the last dive this winter ,
BUT got a call today to do a job for a local lobster buyer so i took the job
to make some extra $ to pay for the dry suit there is a second hand 1
at the LDS i was looking at so i am thinking on getting that b4 winter is
done.
take care all

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom