Headache and Brain Fog for 2 months after diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was diagnosed by an ENT doctor. Had a nasofibroscopy done that diagnosed the sinusitis and the mid-ear barotrauma, according to the ENT doctor. Do you guys think it might be labyrinthitis?
I would defer to your ENT to rule out labyrinthitis. If the physician diagnosed middle ear barotrauma, is it possible that you were actually injured during your last dive?

Best regards,
DDM

I would defer to your ENT to rule out labyrinthitis. If the physician diagnosed middle ear barotrauma, is it possible that you were actually injured during your last dive?

Best regards,
DDM
Definitely... as i mentioned on the OP, I had some difficulty equalizing and had to force a valsava a few times during the descend... would that justify the headache for so long?

Definitely... as i mentioned on the OP, I had some difficulty equalizing and had to force a valsava a few times during the descend... would that justify the headache for so long?
It might. Forcing a Valsalva is inadvisable because it can lead to serious inner ear injury, but if that had happened, you would likely have mentioned tinnitus, vertigo, and/or hearing loss. A headache could be caused by a clogged sinus full of mucus or (remote possibility) free air in an area where it shouldn't be, but one would think that that would have been detected in all the imaging you had.

Best regards,
DDM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom