HELP!! Cobra VS Uwatec Smart Com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

K L

New
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I have really enjoyed the whole scuba board. I do have a question, though. I was wanting to move up to an air-integrated computer (non-hoseless). I had a vyper but didn't use all of the features. My dive buddies will probably still continue to use theirs.
My main question(finally):
Has anyone actually run the numbers or know who did on which computer is actually more conservative? The Uwatec with microbubble suppression at maximum (with suppression for people with PFO) or the Suunto Cobra?I am not going over 130 ft, but will be doing a lot of repetitive diving. I want the most conservative. I know the Uwatec is Buhlmann VS the Cobra RGBM.
The uwatec also cascades down the microbubble scale until (I think) it is just straight Buhlmann!???
Thanks in advance as no one seems to be able to answer.
P.S. I have narrowed my choices down to these two computers.

The Cobra, using the RGBM is very conservative, you can make it even more conservative by changing the Personal settings. I haven;t played with the new smart com from Uwatec. But i know that Suunto's are more conservative than the uwatecs, especially with repetitive dives.

The suunto is the only computer that i have heard multiple complaints on how conservative it is.

The UWATEC with microbubble suppression turn up and is more conservative and a more accurate representation of what happens in the body with O2 consumption and N2 absorption. This is based based off of recent DAN studies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom